Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: You know, banning me for my choice in beer? That hurts.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Ah yes, Late 80s - Early 90s - Budweiser novelty appeal. But I know of no-one, now, who drinks the stuff.

Anheuser-Busch InBev? They own a lot of brands that are decent beers. In fact I enjoyed 2 x 500ml bottles of Leffe Blond during the England Croatia match.

Budweiser is still fizzy piss.
    I drank Budweiser on a few occasions during the 90s and noticed that after two bottles I would be afflicted with a headache. I can only assume that this was my brain rebelling against the ghastly stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    My old local was like that. Then they turned it into this shíthouse

http://www.kingwilliamhailey.co.uk/
    I see what you mean:

doggie.JPG

I used to drink in a pub that had one flourescent strip light in the bar, formica topped tables and a lino floor.
    Entertainment was a dart board and a fruit machine and the clientele were borderline psychotic.

Still, they used to turn a blind eye to the recreational use of other stuff as long as you were buying beer.

It's been flattened now and in its place is a German discounter supermarket.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

They're offering a dish of spaghetti, smoked salmon and cream.

Spaghetti. Smoked salmon. Cream.

They can't mean together on the same plate, surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I see what you mean:

doggie.JPG
    The sign above this door, as you entered, used to read "You are now leaving the EU."

This is my walk to the place, looked at from the other direction. Treacherous, in a way, as the local ghillie had individual ideas about young ruffians tramping for miles over his grounds. Not treacherous at all, in another way, as the old Captain was surely the worst shot ever to serve HMTQ. Although a man who cannot even shoot pheasant really has no business carrying a shotgun in the first place. Embarrassing.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

The sign above this door, as you entered, used to read "You are now leaving the EU."

This is my walk to the place, looked at from the other direction. Treacherous, in a way, as the local ghillie had individual ideas about young ruffians tramping for miles over his grounds. Not treacherous at all, in another way, as the old Captain was surely the worst shot ever to serve HMTQ. Although a man who cannot even shoot pheasant really has no business carrying a shotgun in the first place. Embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    How very jorgian