Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Free movement for students and skilled workers". Will someone keep berni and

"Free movement for students and skilled workers". Will someone keep berni and

charlie away from the gun cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Doubt they'll be too upset with that specific concession.

If Cameron had come back with that from his original negotiations then Remain would have won by about 80%-20%

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    who is going to work as waiters, cleaners, unskilled labourers, etc after December 2020?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    who is going to work as waiters, cleaners, unskilled labourers, etc after December 2020?
    All the people who are out of work after the economy crashes post a hard Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Doubt they'll be too upset with that specific concession.

If Cameron had come back with that from his original negotiations then Remain would have won by about 80%-20%
    Spot on M. Although it amuses me the way that the EU is always labelled as the whipping boy for immigration.
    Estimated non-EU net migration is 205,000 a year—the highest level recorded since 2011. It has been almost consistently higher than EU migration for decades.

These are the people that arrive, largely unskilled, and prove culturally the most difficult, and costly, to assimilate to our society.
    Last edited by 7sisters; 07-12-2018 at 01:03 PM.

Well we used to manage before Blair imported half the world.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Spot on M. Although it amuses me the way that the EU is always labelled as the whipping boy for immigration.
    Estimated non-EU net migration, meanwhile, is 205,000 a year—the highest level recorded since 2011. It has been almost consistently higher than EU migration for decades.
    But the majority of non-eu immigrants are either workers or students, no? Start complaining when you get 160,000 refugees arriving in one year, ready to suck on your welfare teats.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    But the majority of non-eu immigrants are either workers or students, no? Start complaining when you get 160,000 refugees arriving in one year, ready to suck on your welfare teats.
    Now, why do, say, Romanians come to the UK for work when their domestic rate of unemployment is 4.6%
    The UK has unemployment levels of 4.5% and that is typically described as 'almost full employment' (I think you need a certaim amount of unemployment for economics to work properly).

Whereas, EU states with the highest levels of unemployment (Italy, Greece, Spain) you hardly see any immigrants coming to the UK.

So, in short, a lot of EU nationals come to this country for work which they could easily find at home.

Do the UK pay more? ie is our National Living Wage more than a Polish or Latvian worker would get? If so, how does a fúcking common market actually work?

Is it free healthcare in the UK that draws them?

Is it the UK's benefit system?

Who knows?

The only thing I know is . . . it ain't the fúcking weather.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Now, why do, say, Romanians come to the UK for work when their domestic rate of unemployment is 4.6%
    The UK has unemployment levels of 4.5% and that is typically described as 'almost full employment' (I think you need a certaim amount of unemployment for economics to work properly).

Whereas, EU states with the highest levels of unemployment (Italy, Greece, Spain) you hardly see any immigrants coming to the UK.

So, in short, a lot of EU nationals come to this country for work which they could easily find at home.

Do the UK pay more? ie is our National Living Wage more than a Polish or Latvian worker would get? If so, how does a fúcking common market actually work?

Is it free healthcare in the UK that draws them?

Is it the UK's benefit system?

Who knows?

The only thing I know is . . . it ain't the fúcking weather.
    there is a massive amount of Italians in the UK.
    London is flooded with them. Walk around Muswell hill they are all italians.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    there is a massive amount of Italians in the UK.
    London is flooded with them. Walk around Muswell hill they are all italians.
    Well, London isn't very representative of the UK as a whole, is it?