Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    What if the opposition had more Spurs players in it than the England team?
    Fair question, but I find I can’t hate a foreign spurs player quite as much as I hate an English one, so I’d still want England to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    My wife occasionally requires me to attend social events and I’m afraid it now causes me to behave quite badly. I will sulk for days beforehand, building to a crescendo of petulant resentment that almost always culminates in a row. And then we’ll get there and I’ll be sweetness and light, of course, as the muscle memory of sociability kicks in.

I’m not proud of it, but I do just hate it so much these days.
    I find it is the restrictions of decorum that stops you getting blind drunk (as you would with your mates) despite alcohol being freely available that píss on my party chips.

Fúck it. I'd rather stay at home.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Fair question, but I find I can’t hate a foreign spurs player quite as much as I hate an English one, so I’d still want England to lose.
    I put it to Peter, did he cheer on...

Teddy Sheringham in an England shirt?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I put it to Peter, did he cheer on...

Teddy Sheringham in an England shirt?
    I did - England 4 the Netherlands 1. Last England game I went to - he was brilliant as was the whole team. Don't need to watch them again. I hate Shearer far more than I hate Sheringham anyway. At least the latter realised he was a ****

Ah, so you are also racist

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I did - England 4 the Netherlands 1. Last England game I went to - he was brilliant as was the whole team. Don't need to watch them again. I hate Shearer far more than I hate Sheringham anyway. At least the latter realised he was a ****
    Me too. I hated him, no question, but he was a very good player.

I could take or leave Shearer. He never really bothered me.

Ah, so you are also racist
    No, I think it’s that I tend to think foreigners just join a London club without really knowing the background, whereas an English player who has grown up with football in this country and STILL joins Tottenham has crossed a moral line.

you pair of dirty, dirty bástards.

You see, I could take or leave someone like Darren Anderton in an England shirt. When he was actually wearing a football shirt, of course. Or even someone like the greasy-haired Ian Walker.

But not Teddy.

No, I think it’s that I tend to think foreigners just join a London club without really knowing the background, whereas an English player who has grown up with football in this country and STILL joins Tottenham has crossed a moral line.
    You just dont like the fact that thick working class kids are considerably richer than you and get more fanny.

That is it, isnt it. Go on, admit it

I could take or leave Shearer. He never really bothered me.
    There was something about Sheringham celebrating wildly having scored the consolation goal for Portsmouth when we had been 5-0 up that really impressed me. He absolutely hated us. I can respect that