Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: One can't help wondering whether Emery is going to deploy a midfield diamond.

One can't help wondering whether Emery is going to deploy a midfield diamond.

20 years after this formation was fashionable, I still have no idea what it means.

Is it just shorthand for a 41212?

Everyone knows that 433 is best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    20 years after this formation was fashionable, I still have no idea what it means.

I think he'll play 4-3-3. You have to assume Ramsey, Xhaka and Torreira will all start. I don't know whether it will be Mkhitaryan or Lacazette that is benched but were i making the choice i'd start Lacazette.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I think he'll play 4-3-3. You have to assume Ramsey, Xhaka and Torreira will all start. I don't know whether it will be Mkhitaryan or Lacazette that is benched but were i making the choice i'd start Lacazette.
    You realise you're contradicting all the hipster types?

Brave move, bgm.

You realise you're contradicting all the hipster types?

Brave move, bgm.
    I mean, if we do play a 4-3-3 Ozil is allowed to roam into the middle anyway and Lacazette and Aubameyang will probably take up central positions, so it's probably closer to a diamond

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I mean, if we do play a 4-3-3 Ozil is allowed to roam into the middle anyway and Lacazette and Aubameyang will probably take up central positions, so it's probably closer to a diamond
    That's the thing with all this concentration on formations. Footballers sort of move around quite a lot.

That's the thing with all this concentration on formations. Footballers sort of move around quite a lot.
    You haven't seen Sokratis yet

I suspect he'll work the channels and drop into the hole C.

. . . . . . .

I am hoping he is going to employ a midfield. That would be a start

As long as we don't commit more players ahead of the ball when the opposition are in our half with it, it's an improvement on the last few years
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

My understanding was that it was 4 men in unison but according to Cruyff it was 4 guys working individually on their own roles and trust was key component to keep the shape and achieve the necessary objectives.

My suspicion is he’s leaning towards a back 3

Leno in goal...his best position

Chambers
    Sokratis
    Monreal

Torreira in the Henderson role

Bellend
    Miki
    Ramsey
    Kolasinac

Aboomerang
    Lacazette

So your back 3 with Torreira protecting, wing backs, Ramsey and Miki driving us forward with Auba and Lacazette up front.

Anyways...good night, au revoir, adios, sianara etc etc the googly eyed Turk...cmon Jose make a bid for him please!!!