Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Last night's game was very reassuring. In the unlikely event of England beating

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Largely thanks to an extraordinarily lucky draw, tbf.
    I don't think any one team have been amazing. I thought perhaps Belgium looked the most dangerous but as expected they fall.

England are a bit one trick pony but it may very well work. like when Greece won the euros

If it goes to pens tonight should be interesting. Croatia to win 3 in a row?

I agree about the trick, I must admit. There were much more exciting aspects of his game on display last night.

It's just a shame he plays for a towelhead's vanity project rather than a proper club.
    Watching him in that Monaco side the season before was incredible. I think he was 18 then and the maturity in his decision making was amazing.

I think it is fair to say he is probably better at this age than Henry was. Henry, however, just got better and better. A lot of players dont.

I'm hoping it could be abject rather than glorious, as England run headlong into the reality of their limitations.
    I appreciate that this is all a bit of a wind up, Burney.

But even with that context, you are making the point that a team consisting of Frenchmen would be incapable of capitulating at an important moment.

For a chap that knows his history, that surprises me.

I think if they go through to the final, they will lose by at least two clear goals and very possibly more.
    Everyone agrees that France are the best team left in the competition (and probably have been the best all tournament anyway). However, England are rather competent when it comes to set pieces & Sir Harry Kane knows how to draw a foul.

Should we make the final, I give us a 30% chance of glory - especially as France have a habit of bottling it.

I am prepared to wipe your slate clean, B. Get behind Gareth & the boys tonight (I really do love Southgate. Why didn't we appoint him instead of this Spick?).

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Watching him in that Monaco side the season before was incredible. I think he was 18 then and the maturity in his decision making was amazing.

I think it is fair to say he is probably better at this age than Henry was. Henry, however, just got better and better. A lot of players dont.
    I couldn't help but get angry when Mbappe explained how close he was to joining Arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Everyone agrees that France are the best team left in the competition (and probably have been the best all tournament anyway). However, England are rather competent when it comes to set pieces & Sir Harry Kane knows how to draw a foul.

Should we make the final, I give us a 30% chance of glory - especially as France have a habit of bottling it.

I am prepared to wipe your slate clean, B. Get behind Gareth & the boys tonight (I really do love Southgate. Why didn't we appoint him instead of this Spick?).
    I must admit that, despite my undimmed contempt for Tottengland, I have come to rather like Mr Southgate. He demonstrates that speaking and behaving like a gentleman can get you a long way.

I must admit that, despite my undimmed contempt for Tottengland, I have come to rather like Mr Southgate. He demonstrates that speaking and behaving like a gentleman can get you a long way.
    Because he lives near Harrogate, so knows what is expected of an Englishman
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Where were you when I was touting for him to take over from Arsene, eh? Agentleman, I said. Ideal man for the job, I said.

When Wenger was in his pomp, he would have almost certainly captured his signature and built upon those glorious acquisitions, Anelka, Henry, Jeffers and so forth..

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Because he lives near Harrogate, so knows what is expected of an Englishman
    I think it was more that he spent his formative years in Croydon, p.