Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Last night's game was very reassuring. In the unlikely event of England beating

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I think it was more that he spent his formative years in Croydon, p.
    You'll do well to find an Englishman in Croydon these days b.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Where were you when I was touting for him to take over from Arsene, eh? Agentleman, I said. Ideal man for the job, I said.
    I said he spoke and behaved like a gentleman. I didn't say he was a gentleman.

He wears M&S suits. And he's been seen with his bottom weskit button done up.

I said he spoke and behaved like a gentleman. I didn't say he was a gentleman.

He wears M&S suits. And he's been seen with his bottom weskit button done up.
    I read the other day that 'he leaves his bottom button jauntily undone..' as if he were setting some sort of trend.

I'd have understood if it was from a Guardian guttersnipe, but this was in The Times, for the love of God.

You'll do well to find an Englishman in Croydon these days b.
    Yes, I know. Bad business. Had a chum who was in charge of the security for the Whitgift Centre. A few years ago, he was asked what measures - given a completely free hand - he would introduce to ensure Croydon's long-term prosperity as a retail venue. He had had a few drinks and recommended blowing up Lunar House and erecting a wall and machine gun nests along a north-south line at West Croydon station.

He was called racist, of course. He was right, though.

No. It's not.
    Yes it is, but like many of us, football has moved home. Currently residing in Saint Denis, venue for our saddest hour.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Yes it is, but like many of us, football has moved home. Currently residing in Saint Denis, venue for our saddest hour.
    Wait, afce, are you saying you're a froganese? You don't seem like a froganese.

That's a bit racist of you, Sir C. Who are you to say what a frog is or isn't like?

I could be worse things. In fact in many ways I am a worse thing, but I am not 'froganese'!. Unlike football (since 1996).

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    I could be worse things. In fact in many ways I am a worse thing, but I am not 'froganese'!. Unlike football (since 1996).
    Not Scotch?

That's a bit racist of you, Sir C. Who are you to say what a frog is or isn't like?
    I just mean that he's usually so wise and reasoned. Not like a garlic-muncher at all.