Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jesus Christ, how many times is Giroud going to screw up tonight.

Jesus Christ, how many times is Giroud going to screw up tonight.

Playing like he did for the Arsenal, almost.

He was superb everywhere aside from two chances he should have done better with. His defensive work was outstanding at times. Well done OG.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    He was superb everywhere aside from two chances he should have done better with. His defensive work was outstanding at times. Well done OG.
    Okay, maybe I overreacted. Still it wasn't just two times, it was at least four.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Okay, maybe I overreacted. Still it wasn't just two times, it was at least four.
    Settle on three?

Settle on three?
    Very well

That match reminded me how much he irritated me when he played for us. Not the fact that you know, you just know, that when put in a good position to score an important goal, he's going to f*ck up. Virtually every time.

And not the mirror*nt look he so routinely sports that tells you exactly how vain he is.

No, I grew to accept those two things. It's the fact that - apparently - he has more nerve cells than any footballer EVER. The slightest contact and you get the screaming, the writhing around, the look of shear agony that makes you think that death must be near for the poor, mortally wounded mirror*nt. All the while knowing in the back of your mind that in about 2 minutes he'll be back up running around.

He did it again last night and I had to leave the room as he was screaming.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Playing like he did for the Arsenal, almost.
    ...and he's going to be playing in a World Cup final.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

It was a selfless and admirable performance where he was a constant irritant to the opposition and helped out all over the pitch. It was let down by the fact that - as ever - he does not convert enough chances.

It was quintessential Giroud, in other words. I still admire him as a player and wish him all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    That match reminded me how much he irritated me when he played for us. Not the fact that you know, you just know, that when put in a good position to score an important goal, he's going to f*ck up. Virtually every time.

And not the mirror*nt look he so routinely sports that tells you exactly how vain he is.

No, I grew to accept those two things. It's the fact that - apparently - he has more nerve cells than any footballer EVER. The slightest contact and you get the screaming, the writhing around, the look of shear agony that makes you think that death must be near for the poor, mortally wounded mirror*nt. All the while knowing in the back of your mind that in about 2 minutes he'll be back up running around.

He did it again last night and I had to leave the room as he was screaming.
    People always judged Giroud on what he couldnt do. Yes, he wasnt as good as the strikers that came before him but that is hardly his fault.

A fine centre forward nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    People always judged Giroud on what he couldnt do. Yes, he wasnt as good as the strikers that came before him but that is hardly his fault.

A fine centre forward nonetheless.
    That miss, in his first game (v Sunderland?), was pure Chamakh
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”