Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: So the pikeys have moved into a village just over from me

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Why do people always miss the Poles off of Hitler's hit list? He ****ing despised them and killed more of them than any other nationality.

I dont really know where the gyppos are from. There isa definite irishness to the accent in most cases...
    I just lump the Poles in with his general Slavophobia, tbh. They all p1ss in the the same pot, really, don't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I just lump the Poles in with his general Slavophobia, tbh. They all p1ss in the the same pot, really, don't they?
    You could argue it wasnt personal, he just identified the cities as suitable for resettlement with germans.

I mean, it is probably easier to produce a list of the people he did like.

Why do people always miss the Poles off of Hitler's hit list? He ****ing despised them and killed more of them than any other nationality.

I dont really know where the gyppos are from. There isa definite irishness to the accent in most cases...
    I have edited my post for you.

Not sure I want to spend too much time researching and disputing numbers this afternoon, but say the Poles lost six million, Soviets twenty-six million. Half the Poles were Jewish, so do they get counted twice? And of course the Soviet Union numbers include other nationalities than Russian but how many on each side were combatants or not? Nope, this is too grubby and awful to get into.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Not sure I want to spend too much time researching and disputing numbers this afternoon, but say the Poles lost six million, Soviets twenty-six million. Half the Poles were Jewish, so do they get counted twice? And of course the Soviet Union numbers include other nationalities than Russian but how many on each side were combatants or not? Nope, this is too grubby and awful to get into.
    He had a proper go at the Ukraine. Sonderabteilungen right left and centre round those parts

I mean, it is probably easier to produce a list of the people he did like.
    Croats.

Mind you, even the Nazis were appalled at the brutality of the Ustasha.

Not sure I want to spend too much time researching and disputing numbers this afternoon, but say the Poles lost six million, Soviets twenty-six million. Half the Poles were Jewish, so do they get counted twice? And of course the Soviet Union numbers include other nationalities but how many on each side were combatants or not. Nope, this is too grubby and awful to get into.
    Given that his was a campaign of racist murder, I think it's more useful to count them by ethnicity than by nationality. It also helps in de-duping the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He had a proper go at the Ukraine. Sonderabteilungen right left and centre round those parts
    Yes. Of course they were only killing the ones Stalin's Holomodor had left alive. Can't blame the poor b@stards for having initially welcomed the Nazis as liberators.

Croats.

Mind you, even the Nazis were appalled at the brutality of the Ustasha.
    And Bosnian Muslims, tbf. There was a division of them in the SS. They wore - which always seemed strangely incongruent.

I think I was referring to non combat slaughter but you are right. It doesnt really matter does it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes. Of course they were only killing the ones Stalin's Holomodor had left alive. Can't blame the poor b@stards for having initially welcomed the Nazis as liberators.
    Have I previously recommended the Philip Kerr 'Bernie Gunther' series?

I demand you get stuck into it.