Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So the pikeys have moved into a village just over from me

So the pikeys have moved into a village just over from me

about a week ago.

There will be no more cricket in Shalford until the 25 or so caravans currently occupying the cricket green are gone. Lord knows what effect the caravan parked on the wicket is having. Normally there is a cricket match several times during the week in the late afternoon and then one on each of Saturday and Sunday. But no more. And the football pitch next to the cricket pitch is no longer available as it is also packed with them.

I'm guessing the burglary rate in the area has gone up, as I discovered a few weeks ago. Question is, how can it take so long for the council to get rid of them? Surely they have no right to stay and the old bill can just come around and evict?

Seems strange they can stay so long.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    about a week ago.

There will be no more cricket in Shalford until the 25 or so caravans currently occupying the cricket green are gone. Lord knows what effect the caravan parked on the wicket is having. Normally there is a cricket match several times during the week in the late afternoon and then one on each of Saturday and Sunday. But no more. And the football pitch next to the cricket pitch is no longer available as it is also packed with them.

I'm guessing the burglary rate in the area has gone up, as I discovered a few weeks ago. Question is, how can it take so long for the council to get rid of them? Surely they have no right to stay and the old bill can just come around and evict?

Like Noriega being forced out of the embassy by loud rock music, perhaps you could be employed to bellow at them until they decidee to move on to quieter surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Like Noriega being forced out of the embassy by loud rock music, perhaps you could be employed to bellow at them until they decidee to move on to quieter surroundings.

Because no-one really wants to challenge them about it.

No wonder they do what the fúck they like and think they are above the law.

And that'll be the cricket square fúcked for a year
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Because no-one really wants to challenge them about it.

No wonder they do what the fúck they like and think they are above the law.

And that'll be the cricket square fúcked for a year
    Really? I'm pretty sure the Shalford Cricket Club will have complained almost immediately. What I don't understand is what the process is to get rid of them and how long it should take. Surely there must be a law against living on public land? Aren't they at the very least trespassing and that is easily enforceable?

First, kindly refrain from using such derogatory labels. These are travelling

about a week ago.

folk who have elected to live as free spirits unfettered by the norms and mores of the bourgeois tyranny.

Even worse than the thieving vermin themselves will be the army of SJW's from middle class backgrounds that will soon descend upon you all in force to defend them.

Don't leave anything valuable in your garden shed. They just tool up and smash their way in and take what they want, safe in the knowledge the police won't be along any time soon because, well, there are no police.

Pity the poor feckers that actually live by the green.

Really? I'm pretty sure the Shalford Cricket Club will have complained almost immediately. What I don't understand is what the process is to get rid of them and how long it should take. Surely there must be a law against living on public land? Aren't they at the very least trespassing and that is easily enforceable?
    trespass to land is a civil issue, not a criminal act.

no criminal act = no sense of urgency
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    trespass to land is a civil issue, not a criminal act.

no criminal act = no sense of urgency
    It can be a crime under the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act. Of course, the police don't want anything to do with it and will want to leave it to the Council, so it will be months before anything happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It can be a crime under the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act. Of course, the police don't want anything to do with it and will want to leave it to the Council, so it will be months before anything happens.
    Ah, only when the purpose of the gathering tresspassers is to cause 'nuisance' or 'illegal' in itself - rave, hunt sabotage, etc. ****s. :repetitivebeats:

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I just read an article which seems a bit of a contradiction, for instance there is this bit:

'The council or landowner can contact the police if a traveller site is trespassing and they can be immediately evicted from the site if there are two or more people, they have six or more vehicles parked on the land or one of them has caused damage or behaved in a threatening or abusive manner.'

However later on it says that the council will have to go through the courts etc etc. Given that they are preventing cricket being played on the green I'd think the council will push it but as you say, sounds like it could take months.