Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wilshere's at West Ham, apparently.

His natural home tbf.. A sort of, midfield Julian Dicks.. They will love him over there, trust me on this one.
    Last edited by 7sisters; 07-09-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I said that and was roundly abused for it.
    And quite right too

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    In a way it died the day they knocked down the North Bank and built that hideous monstrosity covered in seats.
    I expect some said the same on the day that the Spion Kop replaced the pile of old carts behind the goal in Plumstead, or when the East Stand was built.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    His natural home tbf.. A sort of, midfield Julian Dicks.. They will love him over there, trust me on this one.
    Julian Dicks was a strange one. They absolutely loved him and I assumed for years that he was a dyed-in-the-wool cockerney hardman, since he absolutely looked the part. Then I heard him interviewed and he had this soft, lilting Bristol accent. It absolutely ruined the whole image for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Pah!

THe Arsenal we all knew and loved played at Highbury, was run by Hill-woods, was occasionally competitive, rented a training ground from UCL.

Arsene destroyed plenty of aspects of our club's traditions and made us better. His departure will hopefully do the same.

If I was going to select one point where the Arsenal I grew up with finally died it would be the day we sold out to the Yank.
    The Arsenal of my childhood is not something we'd want back, at least not on the pitch.

I'd say the Yank sell out was the mortal blow, but the final breath was AW's departure.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    The Arsenal of my childhood is not something we'd want back, at least not on the pitch.

I'd say the Yank sell out was the mortal blow, but the final breath was AW's departure.
    Here is wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I expect some said the same on the day that the Spion Kop replaced the pile of old carts behind the goal in Plumstead, or when the East Stand was built.
    In a sense, the building of the East Stand was the day the club became an adult. (Analogy is wearing thin here)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He wasn't an employee, he was a member of The Arsenal Family.

Once a Gunner, always a Gunner. You know the drill.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post

Surely, the day GG was sacked? Like the Yank, let's not forget that Wenger may have been a visionary but at source, still an interloper bearing none of the clubs dna.
    Once a positive force but ultimately ousted through diminishing returns.
    The club is simply continuing along that path. I make no distinction between foreign owner or foreign coach in respect of the clubs traditions.

Meanwhile, England's captain, leader and heartbeat celebrates the Invincibles.
    Harry.jpg