Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilshere's at West Ham, apparently.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wilshere's at West Ham, apparently.

How can we have let that happen?

It's a fúcking disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    How can we have let that happen?

It's a fúcking disgrace.
    What's wrong, Sir C?

Employee decided to turn to a new chapter in a new workplace.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    What's wrong, Sir C?

Employee decided to turn to a new chapter in a new workplace.
    He wasn't an employee, he was a member of The Arsenal Family.

Once a Gunner, always a Gunner. You know the drill.

Bad news Sir C. The Arsenal we all knew and loved is no more. In case you missed it, it expired a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Bad news Sir C. The Arsenal we all knew and loved is no more. In case you missed it, it expired a few months ago.
    Pah!

THe Arsenal we all knew and loved played at Highbury, was run by Hill-woods, was occasionally competitive, rented a training ground from UCL.

Arsene destroyed plenty of aspects of our club's traditions and made us better. His departure will hopefully do the same.

If I was going to select one point where the Arsenal I grew up with finally died it would be the day we sold out to the Yank.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Pah!

THe Arsenal we all knew and loved played at Highbury, was run by Hill-woods, was occasionally competitive, rented a training ground from UCL.

Arsene destroyed plenty of aspects of our club's traditions and made us better. His departure will hopefully do the same.

If I was going to select one point where the Arsenal I grew up with finally died it would be the day we sold out to the Yank.
    I said that and was roundly abused for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Pah!

The Arsenal of my childhood is not something we'd want back, at least not on the pitch.

I'd say the Yank sell out was the mortal blow, but the final breath was AW's departure.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    In a way it died the day they knocked down the North Bank and built that hideous monstrosity covered in seats.

In a way it died the day they knocked down the North Bank and built that hideous monstrosity covered in seats.
    I expect some said the same on the day that the Spion Kop replaced the pile of old carts behind the goal in Plumstead, or when the East Stand was built.

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”