Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Queen to miss Louis' christening. The old boiler is on her way I tells ya. So if we

Queen to miss Louis' christening. The old boiler is on her way I tells ya. So if we

make the final imagine how poignant the National Anthem will be if she's already popped. God Save our Gracious King

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    make the final imagine how poignant the National Anthem will be if she's already popped. God Save our Gracious King
    It would be her final act of sacrifice to die in order to inspire an England team to victory in a World Cup Final. Positively Arthurian.

Imagine Charlie 3 as top boy in The Firm

Monarchy gone by 2050 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Her and Phil the Greek in a suicide pact?

2 x public holidays
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Imagine Charlie 3 as top boy in The Firm

Monarchy gone by 2050 imo.
    I don't really get this. The monarchy has survived far worse kings than Charles will make. Quite a few of them couldn't even speak English, ffs!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It would be her final act of sacrifice to die in order to inspire an England team to victory in a World Cup Final. Positively Arthurian.
    That's a bit rich coming from Lord Haw-Haw here.

Gosh b! An England victory, a fake Brexit and the death of Her Majesty? You and C are going to need a lot of TLC if all three unfold.

I have a feeling by Sunday Belgium will be world champions and Her Majesty will be alive and kicking. I think you need to start working on coping strategies for the Brexit thing though.

That's a bit rich coming from Lord Haw-Haw here.
    In the case of Her Majesty's passing (which God forbid), I should have to put aside my tribal club loyalties and support the England team in Her honour.

I don't really get this. The monarchy has survived far worse kings than Charles will make. Quite a few of them couldn't even speak English, ffs!
    Sure. Most of the Plantagenets, for a start. But since then power has at least in theory moved a few rungs down the ladder. They are a vestigial tail - though currently a popular one. At some point they'll be scene for what they are. Baby-eating lizards.

Sure. Most of the Plantagenets, for a start. But since then power has at least in theory moved a few rungs down the ladder. They are a vestigial tail - though currently a popular one. At some point they'll be scene for what they are. Baby-eating lizards.
    And half the Hanoverians.

The institution is immensely popular, with the William and Harry's generation having done an awful lot to shore up that popularity. Charles is never going to be loved in the way HMTQ is, but he'll be tolerated - and he won't be around that long.