Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Can someone tell me where you’re at with Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    A good answer, 71.

Now, if you please, show us your working in a way that shows the roadmap between the Labour Party's policies and you rightfully attaining more of the fruits of your labour.
    No one appears to be promoting the prospect of civil war. Lines drawn between both sides of the divide. Traditionalist right wing crusties against the wailing wets, comprised mostly of middle class do-gooders and the great unwashed, marching in union.
    It's almost cable street relived.... Almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I just assumed St Jeremy would be giving him free stuff. That seems to be the extent of his policies, doesn't it?
    Perhaps 71 anticipates investment and growth, as an alternative to the decade-long austerity policies which have failed to stimulate the economy. Many of us are poorer than we were ten years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    No one appears to be promoting the prospect of civil war. Lines drawn between both sides of the divide. Traditionalist right wing crusties against the wailing wets, comprised mostly of middle class do-gooders and the great unwashed, marching in union.
    It's almost cable street relived.... Almost.
    Where have you been, 7s? The "middle class do-gooders" despise the great unwashed as much as the traditional old Bufton-Tufton right did.

Perhaps 71 anticipates investment and growth, as an alternative to the decade-long austerity policies which have failed to stimulate the economy. Many of us are poorer than we were ten years ago.
    Is this investment to happen after we've borrowed eleventy squillion pounds to re-nationalise the railways, water and power companies?

Thst's quite some national debt we're going to be servicing.

Sorry - been out milking the chickens. I'm quite happy for J&J to put everyone who earns >£60k pa up against the wall, shoot them and redistribute the wealth. That's what they're going to do isn't it? I read it in the Daily Mail.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fùckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Is this investment to happen after we've borrowed eleventy squillion pounds to re-nationalise the railways, water and power companies?

Thst's quite some national debt we're going to be servicing.
    Pay for them? Good Lord, no.

They'll be SEIZED!

Much cheaper.

Pay for them? Good Lord, no.

They'll be SEIZED!

Much cheaper.
    You may find the prospect of a brutal Stalinist dictatorship amusing, a. Having witnessed such societies at first hand, I don't mind admitting that I am piíss-terrified of Comrades Jeremy and John.

UKIP will presumably make a return. When will EUphiles learn that when the notion of national self-determination is shunned by all of the bien pensant it creates space for the nationalist parties which have them clutching their pearls?
    Our electoral system has always sufficiently distorted the national vote to make this irrelevant in terms of office, and will continue to do so. We will get some sort of Brexit but not one that anyone really wanted. I think that is fair.

Failed to stimulate the economy while getting spending under control; if there's a way to do both you should let the powers that be know as historically it's been pretty difficult to manage that especially in a low rate, low growth global economy.

And austerity was hardly unwarranted given that Blair/Brown et al spending money like drunken sailors contributed to us not being able to recover as easily from the financial crisis. As opposed to - say - Canada, who managed their budget effectively during the good times so that the impact of the crisis was much smaller.

And more importantly, Lewis being a bit of a baby about that incident in the first turn? Not sure Raikkonen was up to something there.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    And more importantly, Lewis being a bit of a baby about that incident in the first turn? Not sure Raikkonen was up to something there.
    Yep. Fairly sure Kimi is not "that kind of driver", whatever Ferrari might offer him to help Seb. Perhaps Lewis should be looking a bit closer at his own start off the line.

Cracking race though. I suppose Lewis was just sore at not winning at home six years in a row or whatever the stat was he was after.