Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Can someone tell me where you’re at with Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I'm not sure whether Labour can gain a majority with just the metropolitan middle class votes alone.

After all, which parties will represent working-class leave voters?

Conservative: Mostly Remainer Party
    Labour: Solid Remainer Party
    Lib Dems: Fanatical Remainer Party
    More importantly, who will represent the swivel eyed lunatic fringe of AWIMB (c & b)?

I'm not sure whether Labour can gain a majority with just the metropolitan middle class votes alone.

Plenty of Tory voters will refuse to vote for this version of the party. I very much doubt they'll vote for Corbyn either, but they could end up letting him in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    We are actually at risk of a Corbyn/McDonnell/Abbott government.

Just let that sink in.
    They've tested the 'Stick with us or you'll get Corbyn' thing to destruction now. The grassroots of the tory party are furious and if May tries going to the country on the basis of the Chequers deal, she will lose. She either has to change the deal or step down to stop that happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Maniac or dole-sponger?
    Neither. Horny-handed son of the soil who has worked hard since the age of 7, never taken a day sick or much in the way of holidays and still can't afford much more than an outbuilding to subsist in. Jezza and Johnny will sort all that out
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fůckers even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    So it turns out that the mantra 'Brexit means brexit' was total ****ing *******s after all.

Who would have thought it?*

*pretty much everyone.

'Brexit means brexit' is a brilliant mantra. It is so ambiguous that May can now claim she has delivered on it.
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I see Davis has resigned because May is going with a soft brexit. How soft are we talking here? So soft that the referendum might as well have not happened?
    semi finals.

Which is why elections are going to be so difficult to call. Leave/remain dominates discussion but crosses party lines and not with the same strength of purpose as the natural majority in many areas. It means potentially hundreds of seats up for grabs that would normally be safe.

Brexit is redefining british politics. Of course, the working class can still **** off

Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Neither. Horny-handed son of the soil who has worked hard since the age of 7, never taken a day sick or much in the way of holidays and still can't afford much more than an outbuilding to subsist in. Jezza and Johnny will sort all that out
    A good answer, 71.

Now, if you please, show us your working in a way that illustrates the roadmap between the Labour Party's policies and you rightfully attaining more of the fruits of your labour.

A good answer, 71.

Now, if you please, show us your working in a way that illustrates the roadmap between the Labour Party's policies and you rightfully attaining more of the fruits of your labour.
    I just assumed St Jeremy would be giving him free stuff. That seems to be the extent of his policies, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Which is why elections are going to be so difficult to call. Leave/remain dominates discussion but crosses party lines and not with the same strength of purpose as the natural majority in many areas. It means potentially hundreds of seats up for grabs that would normally be safe.

Brexit is redefining british politics. Of course, the working class can still **** off
    UKIP will presumably make a return. When will EUphiles learn that when the notion of national self-determination is shunned by all of the bien pensant it creates space for the nationalist parties which have them clutching their pearls?
    Last edited by Ash; 07-09-2018 at 12:31 PM.