Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone tell me where you’re at with Brexit?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat View Post
    Neither. Horny-handed son of the soil who has worked hard since the age of 7, never taken a day sick or much in the way of holidays and still can't afford much more than an outbuilding to subsist in. Jezza and Johnny will sort all that out
    A good answer, 71.

Now, if you please, show us your working in a way that illustrates the roadmap between the Labour Party's policies and you rightfully attaining more of the fruits of your labour.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    A good answer, 71.

Now, if you please, show us your working in a way that illustrates the roadmap between the Labour Party's policies and you rightfully attaining more of the fruits of your labour.
    I just assumed St Jeremy would be giving him free stuff. That seems to be the extent of his policies, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I just assumed St Jeremy would be giving him free stuff. That seems to be the extent of his policies, doesn't it?
    Perhaps 71 anticipates investment and growth, as an alternative to the decade-long austerity policies which have failed to stimulate the economy. Many of us are poorer than we were ten years ago.

Perhaps 71 anticipates investment and growth, as an alternative to the decade-long austerity policies which have failed to stimulate the economy. Many of us are poorer than we were ten years ago.
    Is this investment to happen after we've borrowed eleventy squillion pounds to re-nationalise the railways, water and power companies?

Thst's quite some national debt we're going to be servicing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Is this investment to happen after we've borrowed eleventy squillion pounds to re-nationalise the railways, water and power companies?

Thst's quite some national debt we're going to be servicing.
    Pay for them? Good Lord, no.

They'll be SEIZED!

Much cheaper.

Pay for them? Good Lord, no.

They'll be SEIZED!

Much cheaper.
    You may find the prospect of a brutal Stalinist dictatorship amusing, a. Having witnessed such societies at first hand, I don't mind admitting that I am piíss-terrified of Comrades Jeremy and John.

Sorry - been out milking the chickens. I'm quite happy for J&J to put everyone who earns >Ł60k pa up against the wall, shoot them and redistribute the wealth. That's what they're going to do isn't it? I read it in the Daily Mail.
    When I was young and full of rage
    I hated Tottenham to the core
    But now I've reached a gentler age
    I hate the fůckers even more.

Failed to stimulate the economy while getting spending under control; if there's a way to do both you should let the powers that be know as historically it's been pretty difficult to manage that especially in a low rate, low growth global economy.

And austerity was hardly unwarranted given that Blair/Brown et al spending money like drunken sailors contributed to us not being able to recover as easily from the financial crisis. As opposed to - say - Canada, who managed their budget effectively during the good times so that the impact of the crisis was much smaller.

And more importantly, Lewis being a bit of a baby about that incident in the first turn? Not sure Raikkonen was up to something there.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    And more importantly, Lewis being a bit of a baby about that incident in the first turn? Not sure Raikkonen was up to something there.
    Yep. Fairly sure Kimi is not "that kind of driver", whatever Ferrari might offer him to help Seb. Perhaps Lewis should be looking a bit closer at his own start off the line.

Cracking race though. I suppose Lewis was just sore at not winning at home six years in a row or whatever the stat was he was after.

Yep. Fairly sure Kimi is not "that kind of driver", whatever Ferrari might offer him to help Seb. Perhaps Lewis should be looking a bit closer at his own start off the line.

Cracking race though. I suppose Lewis was just sore at not winning at home six years in a row or whatever the stat was he was after.
    He has since apologised for his comments - seems like he had a hard race. I was listening to the T20 international while trying to recover from Saturday