Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lunch

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    That the one near the T&C / 02 ?
    Not sure it's been called that for nearly a quarter of a century.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Doner meat and chips from Kentish Delight
    Sounds good. I'll have some baked beans with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Looks a good idea. Saves one having to gnaw through yards of thick, tough, leathery pitta bread.
    Ah, but what about when the bread has soaked up all the lambgrease goodness, hmm?

Not sure it's been called that for nearly a quarter of a century.
    I think we've had this conversation before and you and SW were aghast at the state of the Bull and Gate.

http://www.bullandgatenw5.co.uk/index
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Ah, but what about when the bread has soaked up all the lambgrease goodness, hmm?
    You get a lovely pool of the stuff at the bottom of the container. You could drink it if you wish...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The meat will have got cold by the time that happens. Of course, one thing worse than pitta bread is wholemeal pitta bread. How did you get on with that?

The mean will have got cold by the time that happens. Of course, one thing worse than pitta bread is wholemeal pitta bread. How did you get on with that?
    It was as depressing as I feared. Like eating hummus off a telephone directory.

Do you still get telephone directories, I wonder? Remember how the London one was about 5 massive volumes?

... one thing worse than pitta bread is wholemeal pitta bread.
    it takes hours to chew and eat wholemeal pitta.

awful stuff.

You get a lovely pool of the stuff at the bottom of the container. You could drink it if you wish...
    That would be dirty. Good, but dirty.

I think we've had this conversation before and you and SW were aghast at the state of the Bull and Gate.

http://www.bullandgatenw5.co.uk/index
    "Summer means plump summer berries, crunchy asparagus, Jersey Royals, rainbow radish and Nutbourne tomatoes"

And then they have the nerve to trade on the live musical heritage of the place THEY destroyed.

I'm glad I got to play there one last time in the last week or two of of it's life.