Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I went on a proper first aid course yesterday.

I went on a proper first aid course yesterday.

great stuff.

Though I hope never to use my 'powers'

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    great stuff.

Though I hope never to use my 'powers'
    Whilst it is a legal requirement...I'd rather our first aiders never come within a mile of me in my hour of need.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Whilst it is a legal requirement...I'd rather our first aiders never come within a mile of me in my hour of need.
    I'll take it very seriously.
    if they are gonna send me they better make sure the first aid boxes are stocked up.

My favourite experience of this was when a chap at work collapsed for some reason (still not sure why). We had a first aider and he came equipped with a defibrillator. We were obviously all as keen as mustard that he use this on the collapsed chap - on the grounds that we'd never seen one used before and thought it would be a giggle. Sadly, though, the first aider bottled it - much to everyone's disappointment - and the collapsed chap revived and was carted off in an ambulance.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    My favourite experience of this was when a chap at work collapsed for some reason (still not sure why). We had a first aider and he came equipped with a defibrillator. We were obviously all as keen as mustard that he use this on the collapsed chap - on the grounds that we'd never seen one used before and thought it would be a giggle. Sadly, though, the first aider bottled it - much to everyone's disappointment - and the collapsed chap revived and was carted off in an ambulance.
    Thet are all automated now, don't need training, stick the pads on and the machine will decide if it needs to defrib or not, takes all the fun out of it imo
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Thet are all automated now, don't need training, stick the pads on and the machine will decide if it needs to defrib or not, takes all the fun out of it imo
    Boooo! Bloody technology ruins everything, doesn't it?

I thought you were going to say the first aider applied the defib pads to each of the chaps' ears ....and ended up needing to recruit a replacement for the deceased
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    I thought you were going to say the first aider applied the defib pads to each of the chaps' ears ....and ended up needing to recruit a replacement for the deceased
    Sadly not. We were all egging him on to zap him, but he fannied out completely. I mean yes, that turned out to be the right thing to do in the end as there was nothing wrong with the bloke's heart, but it was still a great disappointment to the rest of us who were eager to see him thrash about like a gaffed eel.

Fúck me, who started him off!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Fúck me, who started him off!!!
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”