Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm off to Lords in a moment for the T20 London Derby

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Party bags? To what are you referring? If you mean grams, I should say that for the period 1985 - 2008, I would enjoy perhaps 6 grams over a weekend and 3 grams or so during the week. Between 2008 and 2016, this was probably halved.

A party bag is the sealed back rammed full of beak that your dealer gives you.

Nigh on 10g a week. That’s impressive by anyone’s standards. Still, your body thanks you for giving it up. Not very becoming for a gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Haven't decided which pubs to pop into en-route. Maybe The Engineer in Primrose Hill and The New Inn in St John's Wood
    You know it's not real cricket A.

Party bags? To what are you referring? If you mean grams, I should say that for the period 1985 - 2008, I would enjoy perhaps 6 grams over a weekend and 3 grams or so during the week. Between 2008 and 2016, this was probably halved.

Midweek.

For shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    A party bag is the sealed back rammed full of beak that your dealer gives you.

Nigh on 10g a week. That’s impressive by anyone’s standards. Still, your body thanks you for giving it up. Not very becoming for a gentleman.
    A party bag? Have you been reading the Daily Mail again, you maniac? This concept exists only in your head.

And you know about as much about behaving as a gentleman as wes knows about food and football.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    You know it's not real cricket A.
    Ah, I meant to discuss the Enerald Isle’s cricketing performance against Pakistan with you. They did you proud, really. Were it for a more sturdy first innings you’d have been in with a shout.

It’s good to know that at least some of the things your forebearers taught you stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Midweek.

For shame.
    A couple of sharpeners after work, sw. Just to take the edge off, as it were.

A couple of sharpeners after work, sw. Just to take the edge off, as it were.
    And surely a small line each morning to take the edge off the previous night?

Certainly helps you wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    And surely a small line each morning to take the edge off the previous night?

Certainly helps you wake up.
    No, that would be horrible. I have occasionally breakfasted on cognac and marijuana, but only if I had stressful meetings to cope with.

No, that would be horrible. I have occasionally breakfasted on cognac and marijuana, but only if I had stressful meetings to cope with.
    In my experience it makes a hangover dissolve into nothingness (for about half an hour).*

* Not that I have any experience in the matter

Glastonbury - early 90s'

A joint and sherry / Madeira / port for breakfast.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”