Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burney - you seem to have closed that thread, but re the avocado

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    You've missed this one, Peter. Avocado is the Manuel Almunia of the food world for you.

I will however agree with you on something I believe you posted recently on gin and tonic. I have become quite the gin and tonic fiend over the past few years, can't imagine life without them. I even drink tonic on its own when I decide to have an alcohol free night. Don't ask why I do that, but I do.

Anyway, point is that after wasting too much money on expensive gin I have decided that you really don't need anything better than Tanqueray. They key is not the gin, it is the tonic. And what you have with it.

Fever Tree is the daddy here. Provided you manage to avoid the Refreshingly Light (this means diet) nonsense that they sell far too much of.
    I have recently got into gin, having avoided it for 30 years after throwing up on Gordons gin. You are correct about Fever Tree, I generally stick to Hendricks with cucumber with fever tree, although did discover a nice tonic in Sainsburys with peppercorn

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    LA, how is the Guinness in Germany?

I am thinking of popping to Berlin for a couple of days and am going to need a drink
    Scandalously, I have actually tried it in a pub in Berlin when I watched Everton Man City League cup semi (I think). Near the Museum Insel. It was inoffensive but I wouldn't recommend it - only ever had two pints of it in Munich and would say similar. Then again I wasn't too keen on the local brew either and one night I wandered around for ages trying to find a bar selling Augustiner, despite it being -12, there was 3 inches of snow on the ground and I could only hobble due to a severely swollen and painful knee. I loved the city though

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I have recently got into gin, having avoided it for 30 years after throwing up on Gordons gin. You are correct about Fever Tree, I generally stick to Hendricks with cucumber with fever tree, although did discover a nice tonic in Sainsburys with peppercorn
    Tanqueray with Fever Tree Mediterranean tonic and orange is my favourite. Grapefruit also good although I switch to the Aromatic or Elderflower tonic for that. With loads of ice and always a very large double.

Tanqueray with Fever Tree Mediterranean tonic and orange is my favourite. Grapefruit also good although I switch to the Aromatic or Elderflower tonic for that. With loads of ice and always a very large double.
    My Mrs drinks Gin and on a recent social occasion she was presented with one which had a large slice of pink grapefruit therein. Now I am as open minded as the next man so naturally I tried it and must say it was quite nice.

You would struggle to drink a rake of them all the same in the same way you would with your good old trusted friend beer.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Now I am as open minded as the next man
    pull the other one, etc.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    pull the other one, etc.
    I will pull nothing of yours you sick wee fúcker.

pull the other one, etc.
    The next man is also probably Irish remember, i

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    The next man is also probably Irish remember, i
    ah! this much is true.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

pull the other one, etc.
    I thought of posting something almost exactly like that, IUFG

Oh god, I'm thinking like HR

I thought of posting something almost exactly like that, IUFG

Oh god, I'm thinking like HR
    Can we all step away for the racist stereotyping PLEASE!