Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Carl Jenkinson is going to have a great season for us.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Assuming we can find someone to take Carl and his Arsenal duvet (we may need to pay part of his 50k wages) that will leave only Ramsey.

Who is now entering the last year of his contract with no word on negotiations at this point. What odds they are all gone by August, I wonder.
    I think at this stage I’d put money on Ramsey going rather than staying. Five weeks left of the window and you’d have to assume they’ll give themselves a few weeks to sell him and find a replacement. There’s not much time left for them to get a deal done.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I think at this stage I’d put money on Ramsey going rather than staying. Five weeks left of the window and you’d have to assume they’ll give themselves a few weeks to sell him and find a replacement. There’s not much time left for them to get a deal done.
    Yes, I agree. Feels like we have an excellent replacement likely to be available in Banega but the real question is who would buy Ramsey and what will they pay for him.

My personal bias and any attempted wind up aside, I think we will be surprised at how little interest there is and what we can get for him.

Yes, I agree. Feels like we have an excellent replacement likely to be available in Banega but the real question is who would buy Ramsey and what will they pay for him.

My personal bias and any attempted wind up aside, I think we will be surprised at how little interest there is and what we can get for him.
    Chelsea seems the obvious destination. They’re after that sort of midfielder if you believe the rumours. Juve might be an option but we’d have to sell him on the cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Chelsea seems the obvious destination. They’re after that sort of midfielder if you believe the rumours. Juve might be an option but we’d have to sell him on the cheap.
    Or take Dybala in exchange. Apparently Ramsey is close to a new deal, anyway. He even openly said to the press how much he was looking forward to working with Unai.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Or take Dybala in exchange. Apparently Ramsey is close to a new deal, anyway. He even openly said to the press how much he was looking forward to working with Unai.
    Nobody (that matters) has said he’s close to a new deal and whether he’s excited by Emery’s arrival or not is largely irrelevant if we don’t offer him the wages he wants.

I'm sure Ramsey would be snapped up if he was made available; which is possible given the contract situation.

No worries, we are buying

Benega
    Gomes
    N'Zonzi
    Torriera

If you believe the 'papers.

Doesn't leave much room for the current players...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”