Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carl Jenkinson is going to have a great season for us.

Carl Jenkinson is going to have a great season for us.

Europa League, Carling Cup and FA cup right back. I can feel it in my water.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Europa League, Carling Cup and FA cup right back. I can feel it in my water.
    Errrrr.......We signed Lichtsteiner mate. We’re just waiting for a lower league side to come and take his £50k a week wages off our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Errrrr.......We signed Lichtsteiner mate. We’re just waiting for a lower league side to come and take his £50k a week wages off our hands.
    Who were the British 5 that we were building around that all signed contracts together? Wilshere, Ramsey and Ox definitely. Jenkinson and Chambers? Or was there someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Who were the British 5 that we were building around that all signed contracts together? Wilshere, Ramsey and Ox definitely. Jenkinson and Chambers? Or was there someone else?
    Gibbs and Jenkinson

Gibbs and Jenkinson

Assuming we can find someone to take Carl and his Arsenal duvet (we may need to pay part of his 50k wages) that will leave only Ramsey.

Who is now entering the last year of his contract with no word on negotiations at this point. What odds they are all gone by August, I wonder.

Assuming we can find someone to take Carl and his Arsenal duvet (we may need to pay part of his 50k wages) that will leave only Ramsey.

Who is now entering the last year of his contract with no word on negotiations at this point. What odds they are all gone by August, I wonder.
    I think at this stage I’d put money on Ramsey going rather than staying. Five weeks left of the window and you’d have to assume they’ll give themselves a few weeks to sell him and find a replacement. There’s not much time left for them to get a deal done.

I think at this stage I’d put money on Ramsey going rather than staying. Five weeks left of the window and you’d have to assume they’ll give themselves a few weeks to sell him and find a replacement. There’s not much time left for them to get a deal done.
    Yes, I agree. Feels like we have an excellent replacement likely to be available in Banega but the real question is who would buy Ramsey and what will they pay for him.

My personal bias and any attempted wind up aside, I think we will be surprised at how little interest there is and what we can get for him.

He's bound to pick up a ban here and there

Must've been quite a shock for Unai. When all the contracted players turned up for the first day of pre-season. He actually got his first close up look at some of the crap Wenger had left lying around.

Jenkinson galloping around the place like a horse that's got loose. Probably find Wellington Silva stuffed in a cupboard somewhere too

Yes, I agree. Feels like we have an excellent replacement likely to be available in Banega but the real question is who would buy Ramsey and what will they pay for him.

My personal bias and any attempted wind up aside, I think we will be surprised at how little interest there is and what we can get for him.
    Chelsea seems the obvious destination. They’re after that sort of midfielder if you believe the rumours. Juve might be an option but we’d have to sell him on the cheap.