Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carl Jenkinson is going to have a great season for us.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yes, I agree. Feels like we have an excellent replacement likely to be available in Banega but the real question is who would buy Ramsey and what will they pay for him.
    I'm sure Ramsey would be snapped up if he was made available; which is possible given the contract situation.

No worries, we are buying

Benega
    Gomes
    N'Zonzi
    Torriera

If you believe the 'papers.

Doesn't leave much room for the current players...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    Must've been quite a shock for Unai. When all the contracted players turned up for the first day of pre-season. He actually got his first close up look at some of the crap Wenger had left lying around.

Jenkinson galloping around the place like a horse that's got loose. Probably find Wellington Silva stuffed in a cupboard somewhere too
    But hang on. All these players were vetted by the coaching and reserve staff, as well as by the great man, so they must all be very good, according to that swivel eyed loon, Sir C.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    Chelsea seems the obvious destination. They’re after that sort of midfielder if you believe the rumours. Juve might be an option but we’d have to sell him on the cheap.
    Or take Dybala in exchange. Apparently Ramsey is close to a new deal, anyway. He even openly said to the press how much he was looking forward to working with Unai.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Or take Dybala in exchange. Apparently Ramsey is close to a new deal, anyway. He even openly said to the press how much he was looking forward to working with Unai.
    Nobody (that matters) has said he’s close to a new deal and whether he’s excited by Emery’s arrival or not is largely irrelevant if we don’t offer him the wages he wants.

Ramsey has some very good sides to his game. His downfall is when he gets sloppy or leaves other players exposed through his mistakes. Emery strikes me as a manager that will instill greater discipline. Some of the players will adapt, while others who can’t will be f*cked off out the window..

Not sure I’m liking this.

British core gone and replaced by bunch of Greeks, Germans and two asylum seekers from Gabon and Armenia.

#Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Who were the British 5 that we were building around that all signed contracts together? Wilshere, Ramsey and Ox definitely. Jenkinson and Chambers? Or was there someone else?
    I thought Theo would've also been in there ..

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."