Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The greatest trick Southgate has pulled is in creating what is basically a carbon

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    They do look a bit... ordinary, don't they? Obviously they are to be applauded for making the best of limited resources, but it's not exactly scintillating to watch.

I suspect the game against Sweden will be a dull off. They will essentially try to bore each other into submission.
    But...but... Glenn Hoddle said ‘we’ are a good passing side. So it must be true!

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Still think we lack guile
    Time to introduce Welbeck imo.

The random places the ball goes when he's trying to get it under control could well create a goal scoring opportunity.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Time to introduce Welbeck imo.

The random places the ball goes when he's trying to get it under control could well create a goal scoring opportunity.
    My play exactly, i. Get me a waistcoat and send me to Russia

My play exactly, i. Get me a waistcoat and send me to Russia
    Will a puffa gilet do? :sherwood:
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But...but... Glenn Hoddle said ‘we’ are a good passing side. So it must be true!
    If only ITV would let you change the fúcking audio track on their broadcasts...

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Will a puffa gilet do? :sherwood:
    #gilet

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Dear St Liam and little baby Charlies - he can't really have said that

I suspect Swedish players might be clever enough not to rugby tackle Harry Kane in the penalty area. We may struggle to score
    Southgate has also come up with 'the love train' at set pieces.

Saying we have no creativity is harsh, though. Henderson can pick a pass, Lingard has a spark about him etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

Saying we have no creativity is harsh, though. Henderson can pick a pass, Lingard has a spark about him etc.
    Oh right - one player who can "pick a pass" (any idea what that actually means, r, because to me it seems just to be cliché-ridden *******s). I like Lingard, I don't think he is good enough to unpick the best defences though. No creativity may have been harsh, given that Henderson picking a pass and Lingard having a spark about him is the best you can come up with, I wouldn't say "very limited creativity" is entirely innaccurate

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

They created about 40 chances between them in the league last season. Slightly more than one a game. This is also in teams with better players. The only creative player England have is Alli and I don’t think he has ever had a decent game for England.