Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was ready to start hating them all again

I was ready to start hating them all again

I am all confused.
    It’s hot everyday and I want players I hate to win

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I am all confused.
    It’s hot everyday and I want players I hate to win
    Palpable relief for Southgate there. The press would have lynched him and the players ( bar Kane, of course ) in the morning papers.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Palpable relief for Southgate there. The press would have lynched him and the players ( bar Kane, of course ) in the morning papers.
    Nobody is now going to mention that England very nearly lost (indeed, failed to create many meaningful chances in open play against) a truly terrible Colombia team missing their one world-class player.

Come on, Sweden!

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Nobody is now going to mention that England very nearly lost (indeed, failed to create many meaningful chances in open play against) a truly terrible Colombia team missing their one world-class player.

Come on, Sweden!
    Columbia are not a 'truly terrible team'. They are better than the Sweden I watched earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Columbia are not a 'truly terrible team'. They are better than the Sweden I watched earlier.
    Sweden will probably make it even more difficult for England to create chances
    "Scoring a goal is better than sex" - Whoever said that was sticking it to the wrong woman

The big worry is Kane.

We saw at the Euros what a lifeless corpse he can be when he’s shot to bits and he looked just that during extra time.

This could be the game to bring Welbeck and/or Vardy back for Alli and Sterling ie fresh legs to give Kane a lighter workload. Southgate is very loyal though so I’m guessing it will just be Rashford in for Alli.

Will be a tough game. At this stage every team should command the same level of respect. They got here for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Come on, Sweden!
    In fact, other than the first half of ET England were comfortably the better team against a good Colombian side who were allowed to be very physical and who clearly know how to defend.

This after playing some of the best football we've seen in the first half against Tunisia and then dominating Panama. And before anyone tells me how sh1t they both are, I suggest you take a look at the South Korea/Germany score.

The optimism around England has been justified by their performance so far and comparisons to previous England teams are just stupid. Teams are made up of players and managers and when they change, so does the team. Southgate looks to be very competent and this team could easily win the WC and if they do we should all be happy because, unlike some England teams from the recent past, it seems to be a team made up of decent players who are both committed and skilled.

Come on England! It's coming home.

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Balsam Rodriguez View Post
    Sweden will probably make it even more difficult for England to create chances
    I think England make it difficult for England to create chances tbh

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    In fact, other than the first half of ET England were comfortably the better team against a good Colombian side who were allowed to be very physical and who clearly know how to defend.

This after playing some of the best football we've seen in the first half against Tunisia and then dominating Panama. And before anyone tells me how sh1t they both are, I suggest you take a look at the South Korea/Germany score.

The optimism around England has been justified by their performance so far and comparisons to previous England teams are just stupid. Teams are made up of players and managers and when they change, so does the team. Southgate looks to be very competent and this team could easily win the WC and if they do we should all be happy because, unlike some England teams from the recent past, it seems to be a team made up of decent players who are both committed and skilled.

There is someone on this thread who seems to be seriously suggesting dropping Harry Kane for Danny Wellbeck. I dont think this thread is the place for balance and common sense

The behaviour of those Colombian players following the award of the penalty was an absolute disgrace and should not have been tolerated. THe guy who was booked for the foul grabs the ref, they are screaming in his face for what seemed to be almost five minutes. THroughout the whole thing Harry Kane just stood there holding the ball, ignoring them all.

It takes some ****ing balls to keep your cool around that. And his penalty in the shoot out was just about as perfect as you can get.

Well done, England. A pretty ordinary side with a few good players but with more character than any of the 'stars' of the golden generation. THank god they have all ****ed off.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post

Thanks WES - this is the sort of moronic playground comment I would expect from people who only watch football every four years. The fact that you seem to take a keen interest in between World Cups and are still able to make such a comment just confirms how wonderfully special you are