Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Damn it!

Damn it!

Damn it to hell!

Still time and the further we go, the greater the shame. .

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Damn it to hell!
    Ha!

While I've not been able to get unconditionally behind this England side, I don't think they played as badly as you were suggesting earlier, and I did actually want them to win this one. And Columbia are a good side.

Whatever their limitations, they are more of a cohesive team on the pitch than the Billy Big Boots United of Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard, Terry and co. So fair play to 'em for winning a shoot-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Ha!

While I've not been able to get unconditionally behind this England side, I don't think they played as badly as you were suggesting earlier, and I did actually want them to win this one. And Columbia are a good side.

Whatever their limitations, they are more of a cohesive team on the pitch than the Billy Big Boots United of Gerrard, Rooney, Lampard, Terry and co. So fair play to 'em for winning a shoot-out.
    The thing is, a, in theory I support England. And then I see the England team and I just can’t do it.

Ha!

Be fair, They were largely on the ropes for most of that second half and only really looked like possibly sneaking the winner in the second half of ET.
    Columbia are a pretty decent side and once gain, the media and pundits were the ones guilty of mapping out the road to the final by over looking them.
    A good result and relief all round but we really are no match for the likes of Brazil, France or Uruguay, from what I've seen so far.

Ha!

Colombia, goddammit. With an o. Two of them even.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Be fair, They were largely on the ropes for most of that second half and only really looked like possibly sneaking the winner in the second half of ET.
    Columbia are a pretty decent side and once gain, the media and pundits were the ones guilty of mapping out the road to the final by over looking them.
    A good result and relief all round but we really are no match for the likes of Brazil France or Uruguay, from what I've seen so far.
    Oh, let’s make no mistake. ALL the good teams give ended up in one half of the draw. When the two sides of the draw meet, it’ll be no competition (unless Russia get there, of course - in which case it’ll be bent).

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Colombia, goddammit. With an o. Two of them even.
    If you go to Sevilla (where the Genoese prick is actually buried - sort of), he’s called Cristobal Colon.

Conclusion: don’t name shít after foreigners. They’re not even bright enough to know how to spell their own names.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The thing is, a, in theory I support England. And then I see the England team and I just can’t do it.
    England have been hurting me with their shyteness as I've supported them for the last 45 years, bar perhaps a couple of tournaments. The failure of the over-hyped 'golden generation' and particularly players like I mentioned above tipped me over into despondancy, and the whole local rival component of the current squad, at a time our club has fallen backwards, with our own English players falling short, left me feeling bereft of support for them going into this one.

But, as a limited team I do think they have something that their predecessors lacked, despite their youth and limited abilities. Not that I expect them to beat better teams, but they are missing the arrogance of the previous bunch of shítcùnts, who believed seemingly in their own hype & destiny but never remotely resembled a cohesive unit. You can point to periods of the game today when they were poor, but in other moments they looked like a team - not a brilliant team, but a team nevertheless, and Southgate should get credit for that imo.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    A good result and relief all round but we really are no match for the likes of Brazil, France or Uruguay, from what I've seen so far.
    Sure. Probably not Croatia either, but at least they didn't go out to fùcking Iceland this time.