Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Belgium.....

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed that last evening.

Wd Belgium, fúck the wee Japs.

I cannot find it in me to intensely dislike any of the Belge footballers, perhaps Vertonghen as there is just something about the way he looks, I bet he parks in the space for Handicappers when in a rush.

Courtois – de Bruyne – Meunier – fat West Brom winger. Marvellous. Simply wonderful.

Have that Japan. Wánkers.
    Hmmm - funny because I couldn't have held a more opposite view. The Belgers irritate me and watching Fellaini try to play football is excruciating.

The Japs - on the other hand - are fantastic warriors from a proper country with some of the best food in the world. And not only that, they played some wonderful football last night. Constantly going forward - to a fault - and wonderful to watch. If not for a dodgy keeper they would have won.

KDB and Hazard were very quiet, Kompany looked largely useless. A travesty SW, a travesty.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Hmmm - funny because I couldn't have held a more opposite view. The Belgers irritate me and watching Fellaini try to play football is excruciating.

The Japs - on the other hand - are fantastic warriors from a proper country with some of the best food in the world. And not only that, they played some wonderful football last night. Constantly going forward - to a fault - and wonderful to watch. If not for a dodgy keeper they would have won.

KDB and Hazard were very quiet, Kompany looked largely useless. A travesty SW, a travesty.
    You're aware that they like torturing things and that they sell worn knickers out of vending machines?

Not that Belgians are any better, mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You're aware that they like torturing things and that they sell worn knickers out of vending machines?

I was going to say, holding up Belgians as paragons of sexual virtue is a very dangerous game, Charles. Don't most of them spend the better part of their adult sexual lives in a basement?

Someone once referred to Belgium as a made up country, it was probably your mate. Couldn't agree more. Japan is a proper country.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Looooooool I had to look that up

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed that last evening.

Wd Belgium, fúck the wee Japs.

I cannot find it in me to intensely dislike any of the Belge footballers, perhaps Vertonghen as there is just something about the way he looks, I bet he parks in the space for Handicappers when in a rush.

Courtois – de Bruyne – Meunier – fat West Brom winger. Marvellous. Simply wonderful.

Have that Japan. Wánkers.
    Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Chadli. They're almost as Spursy as England. And to top it all they have Fellaini. I'm possibly mistaken but ISTR Chadli getting the winner (or late equaliser - same thing) against us at the Grove a few years back and walking up Highbury Hill heard Spurs fans pissing themselves laughing that Chadli, who they thought was well shít, scored against us.

And now he's a fat winger in the second division moonlighting as a 'marvellous' international superstar. Funny old game, Brian.

EDIT: Oh, and I thought the plucky Japanesers were great, but knew they'd lose as soon as they conceded the first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Chadli. They're almost as Spursy as England. And to top it all they have Fellaini. I'm possibly mistaken but ISTR Chadli getting the winner (or late equaliser - same thing) against us at the Grove a few years back and walking up Highbury Hill heard Spurs fans pissing themselves laughing that Chadli, who they thought was well shít, scored against us.

And now he's a fat winger in the second division moonlighting as a 'marvellous' international superstar. Funny old game, Brian.

EDIT: Oh, and I thought the plucky Japanesers were great, but knew they'd lose as soon as they conceded the first.
    Scored the opener in the 1-1 at the Emirates (Ox equalised). Given that the likes of Kaboul, Walker and Rose have scored against us, Chadli is hardly a shocker. For all their recent "dominance" over us, that nightmare 3-2 remains their only win on our territory in 25 years (TWENTY-FIVE)

Before that, it was a game on the Monday before the 1993 FA Cup Final so we played a complete 2nd string
    So that doesn't really count
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post

Yes the Japaneeze were great but so were the Belgians, 2 down with about 20-25 to go and they came out on top. Marvellous. Enthralling.

And the 3rd goal was simply magnificent.

Almost like a goal we would have scored over a decade ago. One could imagine Vieira steaming forward with the ball, releasing it to his side to an onrushing player and it being squared to a Pires or Henry to finish off.

The Chadli thing is bizarre of course, always looked an utter shít**** at Spurs and a transfer to the heights of WBA suggest he is, yet there he was finishing off the move with such aplomb.

I don’t hate or dislike Spurs players simply because they are. In fact the odd one such as Dembele I simply think are magnificent footballers and am happy to applaud them as being so.

The transient nature of the modern game simply means these people are employees passing through as opposed to a Roberts or Sheringham or Keane who were held in such esteem by their support. Kane the next in that lineage.

I do not like Harry Kane.

p.s. Fellaini does not bother me one iota either. He’s a big hairy freak of course but he is damned effective at being one.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Before that, it was a game on the Monday before the 1993 FA Cup Final so we played a complete 2nd string
    So that doesn't really count
    Well, yes, but they have played our reserve side a couple of times since then (League Cup) and we have avoided defeat. 85 in the league was last time before that/87 in the League Cup (although we won through in the end)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Scored the opener in the 1-1 at the Emirates (Ox equalised). Given that the likes of Kaboul, Walker and Rose have scored against us, Chadli is hardly a shocker. For all their recent "dominance" over us, that nightmare 3-2 remains their only win on our territory in 25 years (TWENTY-FIVE)
    When Danny Rose scored that screamer against us I remember thinking to myself 'that useless c*nt will probably never score a goal like that again in his life, he might possibly never score again at all'. And I wasn't far off really.

Didn't that useless c*nt Almunia vaguely wave at that goal as he fell over? Or is that my fading memory?