Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pat Vegas's world cup observations

Pat Vegas's world cup observations

I don't like Klinsmann's accent.
    Glad Denmark are out they are one of the most boring teams in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I found it difficult last night, since I didn't really care about the outcome of the game and had to make my choice on who I wanted to win based on the fact that Eriksen is Tottenham and Kasper Schmeichel is a Schmeichel (and also clearly a gobsh1te). Even Modric's ex-Tottenhamness didn't outweigh these factors.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I found it difficult last night, since I didn't really care about the outcome of the game and had to make my choice on who I wanted to win based on the fact that Eriksen is Tottenham and Kasper Schmeichel is a Schmeichel (and also clearly a gobsh1te). Even Modric's ex-Tottenhamness didn't outweigh these factors.
    For some reason I don't dislike Modric.
    he reminds me of a rodent version of Rosicky.

I always imagine the rat in Ratatouille when I see him play.

I don't either, actually. It helps that he's a lovely player and no longer plays in this country, though.

I don't either, actually. It helps that he's a lovely player and no longer plays in this country, though.
    I think if you can't enjoy watching him play you can't really like football (his Spurseyness aside). Unless you are Serbian of course

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I think if you can't enjoy watching him play you can't really like football (his Spurseyness aside). Unless you are Serbian of course
    To be honest, I don't see why these Balkan types can't just realise they're all basically the same as far as everyone else is concerned (pot/p1ss und so weite) and just get together and be Yugoslavia again. They'd have a much better football team for a start.

To be honest, I don't see why these Balkan types can't just realise they're all basically the same as far as everyone else is concerned (pot/p1ss und so weite) and just get together and be Yugoslavia again. They'd have a much better football team for a start.
    I'll let you suggest that to them. I was with some rather lovely Croatians yesterday, they didn't saw the warring type

My observations.

Pelanties are a shambles at this WC. Encroachment into the area and keepers 2-3 yards off their line when the ball is kicked.

The high definition broadcasts are not very high definition.

Kasper Schmeichel is a bit of a ****.

Ingerlund won't get past Colombia.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I'll let you suggest that to them. I was with some rather lovely Croatians yesterday, they didn't saw the warring type
    Is it Croatians or Croats?