Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of blurred vision how the flying **** does Jordan Pickford manage to push

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I think he is a talented lad, but I think it is quite justifiable to point out that a 30 million pound keeper who is England's No 1 has a massive flaw in his game regardless of his age. He did this countless times last season - in the first half of our game at Goodison alone he did it four times. It's quite a basic skill for a keeper, I don't understand why it hasn't been addressed
    I think Butland is perhaps the better keeper. It's just that Pickford plays well with his feet, hence his inclusion as number one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It was always a criticism of Pat Jennings - that he would sometimes save with his feet, meaning the ball went back into play rather than to safety. Of course he was also known for coming a catching crosses with one hand.

Shilton, Clemence, Corrigan - those boys knew how to catch a ball.
    The very example I was going to use. There was always a strong suspicion that catching goalkeepers never got the love that non-catching goalkeepers do because what they do is by its nature less spectacular.

Joe Corrigan got about two England caps. He’d walk into the England team today, the big ugly cůnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I think Butland is perhaps the better keeper. It's just that Pickford plays well with his feet, hence his inclusion as number one.
    Undoubtedly on both counts, r - I could watch this over and over again though
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJO7Rp3Hrvs

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The very example I was going to use. There was always a strong suspicion that catching goalkeepers never got the love that non-catching goalkeepers do because what they do is by its nature less spectacular.

Joe Corrigan got about two England caps. He’d walk into the England team today, the big ugly cůnt.
    John Lukic never got an England cap, b. Travesty. Even Nigel Spink got a run out against Australia

Corrigan - those boys knew how to catch a ball.
    and gift the opposition a goal.

that pitch
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    and gift the opposition a goal.

that pitch
    Imagine the weight of the accumulated mud on your boots

LA "Even Nigel Spink got a run out against Australia"

Not forgetting our old favourite
    Jimmy Rimmer
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Imagine the weight of the accumulated mud on your boots
    Nowadays, even the worst of the worst non-league pitches are infinitely better than that pitch.

I remember the sound of the mud sucking at your boots when playing on that type of surface
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The band were very annoying, even from Dublin 16.
    This, quite apart from the queasy Spursiness of the current squard, is partly why I struggle to get behind my local international team. That and "Rule Britannia"

Though after 50 years of hurt, I think it was probably the over-hyped legion of thundercůnts known laughingly as the 'golden generation' that broke the camel's back. Lack of these Billy Big Boots types works a little bit in this team's favour tbf.

Then there is Delhi Ali.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I’m not an unkind man, sw, as you know, but I would have any **** who brings a musical instrument into a sporting event torn apart with red-hot pincers.
    I may have mentioned, quite often in fact, my problem with Gazidis letting enemy teams (mostly Germans) bring DRUMS into the Grove.