Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Speaking of blurred vision how the flying **** does Jordan Pickford manage to push

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    ty la. I’m ashamed to say I made myself laugh with that one.
    It was rather good.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Indeed it is quite a challenge and achievement to make Jordan Henderson appear good but Dier carried this off with aplomb.

There was one moment second half when Rose took a clever quick free into Danny who controlled it first time, into the upper tier it has to be said but still. I smiled, because he is our Danny.
    I’m increasingly starting to believe that the whole purpose of last night was to make the first team feel better about themselves. Shrood tactics if so.

My favourite bit is England fans saying ‘We’ll be back with our first team whilst apparently failing to note that Belgium left Hazard and De Bruyne on the bench

Indeed it is quite a challenge and achievement to make Jordan Henderson appear good but Dier carried this off with aplomb.

There was one moment second half when Rose took a clever quick free into Danny who controlled it first time, into the upper tier it has to be said but still. I smiled, because he is our Danny.
    Careful, our genius, foreign ex-manager was only just the other day waxing prophetic on Dier. I must say, I have never seen anything from the lad that makes me think he is anything other than average on his best days when played in the correct position.

I like Pickford, does some things very well and the things he doesn't seem very correctable. Dangerous game slating young keepers, they have a tendency to get better with age.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    every fecking shot back into the centre of the penalty area even when trajectory of said shot would make it easier to get away from goal. Some skill, possibly not a desirable one in England's No 1
    May we discuss goalkeepers in general, though?

I appreciate that I am very old, but back in my day, goalkeepers used to have this bizarre and amazing trick.

They used to catch the ball. Just like that. Come for a cross, catch the ball. Dive for a shot, catch the ball.

We used to laugh at foreign (scotch) goalies who did ridiculous things like punching the ball. Why would you want potentially to give the ball back to the opposition, when you can just catch it and have solid phase one possession?

I spend about 10% of my football watching screaming 'JUST CATCH THE FÚCKING BALL!'

I’m increasingly starting to believe that the whole purpose of last night was to make the first team feel better about themselves. Shrood tactics if so.

My favourite bit is England fans saying ‘We’ll be back with our first team whilst apparently failing to note that Belgium left Hazard and De Bruyne on the bench
    The band were very annoying, even from Dublin 16.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

I appreciate that I am very old, but back in my day, goalkeepers used to have this bizarre and amazing trick.

They used to catch the ball. Just like that. Come for a cross, catch the ball. Dive for a shot, catch the ball.

We used to laugh at foreign (scotch) goalies who did ridiculous things like punching the ball. Why would you want potentially to give the ball back to the opposition, when you can just catch it and have solid phase one possession?

I spend about 10% of my football watching screaming 'JUST CATCH THE FÚCKING BALL!'
    The Japanese keeper the other day - oh my. Where did he think the ball would go?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

As a child, I used to note the difference between catching goalkeepers and non-catching goalkeepers. This was obviously very naive of me, but I favoured the latter.

As a child, I used to note the difference between catching goalkeepers and non-catching goalkeepers. This was obviously very naive of me, but I favoured the latter.
    It was always a criticism of Pat Jennings - that he would sometimes save with his feet, meaning the ball went back into play rather than to safety. Of course he was also known for coming a catching crosses with one hand.

Shilton, Clemence, Corrigan - those boys knew how to catch a ball.

The band were very annoying, even from Dublin 16.
    I’m not an unkind man, sw, as you know, but I would have any **** who brings a musical instrument into a sporting event torn apart with red-hot pincers.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Careful, our genius, foreign ex-manager was only just the other day waxing prophetic on Dier. I must say, I have never seen anything from the lad that makes me think he is anything other than average on his best days when played in the correct position.

I like Pickford, does some things very well and the things he doesn't seem very correctable. Dangerous game slating young keepers, they have a tendency to get better with age.
    I think he is a talented lad, but I think it is quite justifiable to point out that a 30 million pound keeper who is England's No 1 has a massive flaw in his game regardless of his age. He did this countless times last season - in the first half of our game at Goodison alone he did it four times. It's quite a basic skill for a keeper, I don't understand why it hasn't been addressed