Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: I've woken up this morning with blurred vision in my left eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    He's given me a letter for the hospital in case it isn't better by tomorrow. He was all like, 'If it's not improved tomorrow morning get STRAIGHT to the hsopital.' Quite the drama queen.
    Oh, they love it when you rock up with an actual medical issue. It makes them feel like actual doctors rather than the glorified glasses salesmen they actually are.

He's given me a letter for the hospital in case it isn't better by tomorrow. He was all like, 'If it's not improved tomorrow morning get STRAIGHT to the hsopital.' Quite the drama queen.
    Go a long winded way to mock his advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, they love it when you rock up with an actual medical issue. It makes them feel like actual doctors rather than the glorified glasses salesmen they actually are.
    This is Vision Express, right? Faceless corporate chain, right? So a couple of months ago I sat on my glasses and walked in there to order a new pair. As a joke I handed the girl the mangled remains and asked if she had a bin. Five minutes later they were returned to me, perfectly fixed and at no charge. Today I wander in and explain my plight, get dealt with like an Ayrab in Harley Street, examinations, eyedrops, bottle of gear to take away, referral letter just in case - and no charge. Gratis and for nothing.

It's fúcking bizarre.

This is Vision Express, right? Faceless corporate chain, right? So a couple of months ago I sat on my glasses and walked in there to order a new pair. As a joke I handed the girl the mangled remains and asked if she had a bin. Five minutes later they were returned to me, perfectly fixed and at no charge. Today I wander in and explain my plight, get dealt with like an Ayrab in Harley Street, examinations, eyedrops, bottle of gear to take away, referral letter just in case - and no charge. Gratis and for nothing.

It's fúcking bizarre.
    Perhaps the invoice is in the post.

It's fúcking bizarre.
    Do you have an account with them? I do for my contacts and they treat you like a King as a result. No idea how they treat you if you just walk in off the street.

Do you have an account with them? I do for my contacts and they treat you like a King as a result. No idea how they treat you if you just walk in off the street.
    No, no account. I do get my glasses there, but that hardly makes me no. 1 customer.

Whisper it, but I think they might just do good customer service.

No, no account. I do get my glasses there, but that hardly makes me no. 1 customer.

Whisper it, but I think they might just do good customer service.
    Well, good on them. Long may they continue to charge me hundreds of pounds a year for tiny bits of plastic.

Last time I was there, she told me I had retinal tears that ‘aren’t that unusual in later life’. Cow.

Well, good on them. Long may they continue to charge me hundreds of pounds a year for tiny bits of plastic.

Last time I was there, she told me I had retinal tears that ‘aren’t that unusual in later life’. Cow.
    Goes with your rectum tears then
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

It's the onions which cause those tears
    10 characters? Pile of cund.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    It's the onions which cause those tears
    vg s. Nicely done.