Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are there other countries where a large section of the population would take great

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I'd like England to win

Delighted Germany are out, nothing to do with any dislike for them, purely we get Ozil for a full pre-season. Switzerland to get knocked out next and all is good
    Old-skool AWIMB question: You have a choice between an England World Cup win and Arsenal finishing third. Which do you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Old-skool AWIMB question: You have a choice between an England World Cup win and Arsenal finishing third. Which do you choose?
    If I choose England then do Arsenal get top 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I was never that interested until we had the Rocky, Tony Adams generation and had a few players in the side. As I didn't live that far from Wembley (and in the direction that was easier to get away from) I used to go to most games. Pretty much lost interest now. Last game I went to was probably the Holland 4-1 - doubt I will ever see an England team play that well again against such good opposition anyway
    Yes. It was easier when Adams and Dixon were vaguely permanent fixtures. I was always vaguely proud that Ashley Cole was invariably England's best player in most tournaments (until he went to Chelsea, of course), but generally, no.

If I choose England then do Arsenal get top 2?
    No. I'm being realistic here. Let's not be silly.

Why would I be happy for Arsenal to finish 3rd in any year??? ENgland win imho

If you had said England win or Arsenal winning the PL then no competition, Arsenal every time
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Old school question back at you.... since you sold out and put a curse on Arsenal over 10 yrs ago.. would you be happy for Arsenal to win the PL and England not win the ashes for the next 10 yrs
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

No. I'm being realistic here. Let's not be silly.
    England winning is hardly realistic, is it?

Yelp.. Easy one for me.. England win. Can’t get excited about finishing third

England winning is hardly realistic, is it?
    Who knows? Anything can happen in a cup competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Why would I be happy for Arsenal to finish 3rd in any year??? ENgland win imho

If you had said England win or Arsenal winning the PL then no competition, Arsenal every time
    Yes, well I very deliberately didn't say Arsenal winning the PL for exactly that reason. What your answer tells me is that you would prefer a bunch of Spurs, City, Liverpool and Man U players prancing about, preening themselves with the World Cup to a major improvement in Arsenal's fortunes, a step back on the road to winning the league and a return to the Champions League positions.

This tells me all I need to know.