Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are there other countries where a large section of the population would take great

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Yes, well I very deliberately didn't say Arsenal winning the PL for exactly that reason. What your answer tells me is that you would prefer a bunch of Spurs, City, Liverpool and Man U players prancing about, preening themselves with the World Cup to a major improvement in Arsenal's fortunes, a step back on the road to winning the league and a return to the Champions League positions.

This tells me all I need to know.
    The fact that you would rather Germany would win the WC and not England tells me that you are a Nazzi who should be run out of the country
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I have no real allegiance within International football and while I can leave the usual fayre behind I do love a WC or Euros.

FTR the Irish go fúcking nuts when we qualify. I mean bat shít crazy on the drink etc.

Who knows? Anything can happen in a cup competition.
    Apart from Arsenal winning the CL

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Not just the Germans - the Swiss were out in force on Friday (although it may actually have been Albanians...) Had to walk past a bloody samba band on my way to the pub last night - noisy ****ers
    Albanians were going mad all night with car horns in Luxembourg when they won a football match in the Euros two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Albanians were going mad all night with car horns in Luxembourg when they won a football match in the Euros two years ago.
    Yep - same here, and when they qualified in the first place. Couldn't remember if I had imagined them qualifying or not

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Yep - same here, and when they qualified in the first place. Couldn't remember if I had imagined them qualifying or not
    Albania's qualification was helped by the 3-0 awarded to them after the match against Serbia in Belgrade was abandoned at 0-0 following a riot sparked by a drone flying a Greater Albania flag over the pitch. #Souness

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Albania's qualification was helped by the 3-0 awarded to them after the match against Serbia in Belgrade was abandoned at 0-0 following a riot sparked by a drone flying a Greater Albania flag over the pitch. #Souness
    Good banter, that. This is why I'd hoped for a Serbo-Croat game in this WC. Stoopid cack useless Serbs failing to go through

Good banter, that. This is why I'd hoped for a Serbo-Croat game in this WC. Stoopid cack useless Serbs failing to go through
    If it hadn't been for our new thuggy right-back getting away with a blatant pen appeal defending for the Swalbanians, they probably would have. At least ISTR it was Lichtsteiner.