Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strange that some on here are laughing that Germany are out

Strange that some on here are laughing that Germany are out

when they would rather the Germans win the world cup than England
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    when they would rather the Germans win the world cup than England
    I'm sure that probably made sense in your head when you thought of it, but you might want to go away and have a little think about why it's a silly thing to say, p.

If one doesn't support any team, there is nothing to stop you being pleased by both Germany's exit and England's exit. It's not an either/or.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm sure that probably made sense in your head when you thought of it, but you might want to go away and have a little think about why it's a silly thing to say, p.

If one doesn't support any team, there is nothing to stop you being pleased by both Germany's exit and England's exit. It's not an either/or.
    The last time Germany went out at the group stage Hitler was in charge (not of the football team). I bet he wasnt happy.

It does kind of take the shine of that result in Escape to Victory. Clearly that wasnt a great Germany team and the allies couldn't even beat them with Pele in the side.....

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    The last time Germany went out at the group stage Hitler was in charge (not of the football team). I bet he wasnt happy.

It does kind of take the shine of that result in Escape to Victory. Clearly that wasnt a great Germany team and the allies couldn't even beat them with Pele in the side.....
    Is that the one with Sylvester Stallone?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

And John Wark.

And John Wark.
    And Russell Osman

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    And Russell Osman
    No Arsenal players in the Escape to Victory team, of course. And they had Ossie Ardiles. For these reasons, I was supporting the Germans.

I don't want to go away and think aboiut it.. i am glad Germany are out as I am supporting England and it gives us a better chance of winning it..... unlike some on here who are ABE in this world cup, which i find frankly rather strange
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I don't want to go away and think aboiut it.. i am glad Germany are out as I am supporting England and it gives us a better chance of winning it..... unlike some on here who are ABE in this world cup, which i find frankly rather strange
    I'm not really sure why you find the concept of someone not supporting the same team you do quite so strange, tbh. Opposition fans at football matches must be a constant source of bemusement and upset for you.

No Arsenal players in the Escape to Victory team, of course. And they had Ossie Ardiles. For these reasons, I was supporting the Germans.
    **spoiler** It was the Kevin O'Callaghan arm-breaking scene that did it for me. Not only did they put the poor lad in goal when he was a winger but then decided to smash his arm so the Yank could play. Dodgy management. Arsene* out!

*tbf he was more likely to be managing the Germans