Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How awful is the football at the World Cup?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I must say I am hugely enjoying this World Cup.

Me too - I think most people would struggle to see the way Mexico; Colombia (in their second game) or Croatia have played as pedestrian. Brazil were quite impressive last night (great finish from the lad who was laughably bad at Spurs but now first choice for Barca); Spain Portugal was one of the best World Cup games I have seen; England managed to batter someone. What's not to love

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Yeah, but you did just say you're happy to overlook ethno-fascists. That doesn't sound very "mainstream"
    That was by way of a joke, though, m. Playing up to a sort of exaggerated persona thingy? You of all people would have got that, I'd have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    That was by way of a joke, though, m. Playing up to a sort of exaggerated persona thingy? You of all people would have got that, I'd have thought.
    Have you seen that the BBC have produced a couple of lengthy skits mocking SJWs? Wozatallabaht?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Have you seen that the BBC have produced a couple of lengthy skits mocking SJWs? Wozatallabaht?
    Tracy Ullman's things? Yes, I did. They're such a comedic open goal that it's amazing it's taken so long. Have you seen this from Canadian show 'Kids In The Hall', though? They did this 24 years ago, which was frighteningly prescient.

https://youtu.be/n1tFbZ5kaY8

I must say I am hugely enjoying this World Cup.

I'm enjoying some of the results, the drama and VAR has earned its Spurs. I'm probably just expecting too much. After enjoying Man City, Liverpool, even Spurs at times this season , the pace seems soooo slow. Watching Germany pass the ball around at the speed of one of those woeful Masters 6 a side things, just bored me.

Is it the heat?

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    I'm enjoying some of the results, the drama and VAR has earned its Spurs. I'm probably just expecting too much. After enjoying Man City, Liverpool, even Spurs at times this season , the pace seems soooo slow. Watching Germany pass the ball around at the speed of one of those woeful Masters 6 a side things, just bored me.

Is it the heat?
    It is international football. Almost like a different sport.

A manager / coach may have players from 10 different club sides who are used to playing in a very set way, to then re-program them almost to play in a different way does not always work.

The job of an international coach is a very difficult one, especially at the elite country level.

yeah...enjoy Russia...we have Qatar next.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    yeah...enjoy Russia...we have Qatar next.
    t. Sit. Rest awhile. Let's break bread.

You know, it seems only yesterday that you were young and filled with the joys of life. Recently I sense a terrible cynicism in you; a sort of world-weariness. I'm not saying you've become a miserable old bástard like pokster, berni or thon moosefúcker, but it seems to me that something ails you.

In short, sup?

The job of an international coach is a very difficult one, especially at the elite country level.
    Yes thanks for the back to basics chat . I understand the why, I just find the end product technically dull.

Part of the problem is that it’s much easier to organise a defensive wall, than a cohesive attacking unit.

I’d love to have seen Wenger as an international coach.

Quote Originally Posted by AFC East View Post
    Yes thanks for the back to basics chat . I understand the why, I just find the end product technically dull.

Part of the problem is that it’s much easier to organise a defensive wall, than a cohesive attacking unit.

I’d love to have seen Wenger as an international coach.
    New Germany manager - mark this post