Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Surprised no one has mentioned Messi's goal from last night

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    The first touch was pretty run-of-the-mill. The second touch made me do a leeeetle beeeeet of sticky white love piss in my Y-fronts
    You think that touch off his thigh off a ball played over his shoulder while he was running at full pace was run of the mill?

Seriously? New hobby, I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    You think that touch off his thigh off a ball played over his shoulder while he was running at full pace was run of the mill?

Seriously? New hobby, I'm afraid.
    No, it was obviously excellent, but standard Messi stuff and not something that you couldn't imagine, say, Giroud, doing (obviously without the burst of pace to reach it or immediately following it).

The second touch, on the other hand, was the kind of thing that divides geniuses from mere great players, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Suffice to say anyone who didn't enjoy that shouldn't be allowed to watch football (I let the Nigerians off I suppose)
    I am amazed we have touched on the goal, correctly applauding LM for the superb play, yet no person has felt the need to highlight the pass of the entire World Cup to date which created the chance.

Welcome to N5 Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I am amazed we have touched on the goal, correctly applauding LM for the superb play, yet no person has felt the need to highlight the pass of the entire World Cup to date which created the chance.

Welcome to N5 Ever.
    Lovely pass - I preferred the one all along the ground for Di Maria (and the little one two with Messi beforehand). Di Maria didn't even need to break his side. Also loved the suicidal slide in his own area which fortunately he timed just right