Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: My starter last night consisted of 'spinach panacotta' and some strips of 'heritage

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Definitely a fruit. Citrus fruit, in fact.

Also, what’s that sole recipe with the grapes?
    It’s rank, that’s what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It’s rank, that’s what it is.
    Actually, that one is a bit rank. I’ll give you that.

Actually, that one is a bit rank. I’ll give you that.
    Fish and fruit is less obvious than meat and fruit imo.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Fish and fruit is less obvious than meat and fruit imo.
    True. Mackerel and gooseberry does work, though. Also, rhubarb. The acid tartness complements the oily fish.

True. Mackerel and gooseberry does work, though. Also, rhubarb. The acid tartness complements the oily fish.
    Yes, citrus fruits and fish can work. Meat you want something sweeter, especially game. Pain in the arse to get right, game, but when you do it is quite superb.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Fruit is what lives in a bowl, past which one might walk, plucking an example of such a fruit upon which to munch contemplatively whilst looking out of the window at the chaffinches and goldfinches at the bird feeding station.

Preserved lemons are what happens when you over-order lemons. They're good, and everything. Salty and sour. But they're not fruit.
    “Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.”

Famous quote.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Yes, citrus fruits and fish can work. Meat you want something sweeter, especially game. Pain in the arse to get right, game, but when you do it is quite superb.
    I remember having a very nice reindeer in Finland with Lingonberry sauce. I was very drunk at the time, though.

I remember having a very nice reindeer in Finland with Lingonberry sauce. I was very drunk at the time, though.
    Venison with blackberries brings back a very good memory, think it was Manoir. Might have had pigeon with fig at some point as well.

And then of course duck has no point without some form of fruit element. Pheasant I actually make without fruit however the jus is heavily port and madeira based so it has a fruit like sweetness to it.

I'm hungry.

Rhubarb isn't a fruit.

It's a mammal.

Gary Lineker is a fruit

He's a plum
    10 characters? Pile of cund.