Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My starter last night consisted of 'spinach panacotta' and some strips of 'heritage

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Sorry, I'm busy stuffing your mum's loin of pork with my armagnac-soaked prunes right now.
    Do you soak them in Armagnac now? You have got fancy. It used to be surgical spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Not just any vegetable soup, SW, a pistou vegetable soup. It was quite lovely.

I also made fraisier, pan fried sea bream with ratatouille and observed several other dishes and techniques which will prove invaluable as I move slowly into retirement and am able to produce Michelin star quality food on a daily basis.

All while consuming enormous quantities of fine wine until I die of liver cancer.
    My missus treated herself to Manoir's week-long course about four years ago.

I mean, she's a decent cook n'all, but she's served me **** all since that's suggested it was worth the money

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    His mum’s loon of pork stuffed with Armagnac-soaked prunes is one of my favourite recipes.

And yes, yes, I know. Meat with fruit, blah, blah. But you’re wrong.
    If meat with fruit is meant to be wrong, what the fûck do you have as a sauce to go with a magret de canard down in Toulouse*?

I've had dozens and they all had fruit. Fact. And all were lush. Even the ones with fruits I hate like figs and prunes and shît.

{*Other SW towns available on request. eg Gaillac. Best value wine in France, imo.}

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    If meat with fruit is meant to be wrong, what the fûck do you have as a sauce to go with a magret de canard down in Toulouse*?

I've had dozens and they all had fruit. Fact. And all were lush. Even the ones with fruits I hate like figs and prunes and shît.

{*Other SW towns available on request. eg Gaillac. Best value wine in France, imo.}
    It's definitely wrong but that doesn't mean it doesn't taste nice. Pineapple on pizza is wrong and **** though

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post

It’s just a thing of Sir C’s. He abominates all fruit/meat combos.

The first time I had a big old Magret de canard in Languedoc I was a kid and it came smothered in a cream and truffle sauce. Lovely, but wholly inappropriate in 35 degree heat.
    Last edited by Burney; 06-27-2018 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    It's definitely wrong but that doesn't mean it doesn't taste nice. Pineapple on pizza is wrong and **** though
    Wrong? Roast pork and apple sauce? Duck with cherries? Mackerel with gooseberries?

You’re the one who’s ‘wrong’, mate.

Let’s not forget a lovely lamb tagine with dried apricots or dates and pomegranate seeds scattered on top

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    My missus treated herself to Manoir's week-long course about four years ago.

I mean, she's a decent cook n'all, but she's served me **** all since that's suggested it was worth the money
    She's got a baby to take care of, Monty. Plus two young children.

I've done the first two stages, each 4 days, but even stage 1 should leave you able to knock up some seriously good food. Perhaps she just doesn't think you're worth the effort.

And when I took it it was much less expensive. Think they charge an insane amount nowadays, close to 5K or summat, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Let’s not forget a lovely lamb tagine with dried apricots or dates and pomegranate seeds scattered on top
    Or the preserved lemons, for all love!? What of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Wrong? Roast pork and apple sauce? Duck with cherries? Mackerel with gooseberries?

You’re the one who’s ‘wrong’, mate.
    Not too sure how you eat game properly without some fruit element. Still, what can you expect from a Dutcher and a German.