Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My starter last night consisted of 'spinach panacotta' and some strips of 'heritage

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Spinach panacotta eh.

I would not be having that. Simple wave of the hand and beckon the waiter to you - "get this shít off my plate son and bring me some proper food".

A basic "thank you" and he is on your side.
    A basic thank you and he'll think you're a c*nt and no doubt take the opportunity to dip his rancid bell end in whatever he brings forth, thereafter.
    The way to get a waiter at a function on your side is to grease his palm with a score and you'll be topped up and offered, off menu stuff at the slightest nod.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    A basic thank you and he'll think you're a c*nt and no doubt take the opportunity to dip his rancid bell end in whatever he brings forth, thereafter.
    The way to get a waiter at a function on your side is to grease his palm with a score and you'll be topped up and offered, off menu stuff at the slightest nod.
    If I wanted to spend a score of my own money at such a function I would leave and enjoy 3 pints and a kebab.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    The salty tang offered by his rancid bellend would have only have improved the flavour of the spinach panacotta, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    carrot' (also known as 'carrots'). It looked horrific and tasted of absolutely nothing.

Quite why normal people had to have this vegetarian filth foisted on them masquerading as food I've no idea.
    Just bad cooking, Burney, veggie or otherwise.

I have only just returned from a one day cooking course for my birthday at Manoir where I made a most wonderful vegetable soup and a simple ratatouille, both veggie, both wonderful.

I could easily go veggie if the food was properly prepared as in India, at Manoir etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Just bad cooking, Burney, veggie or otherwise.

I have only just returned from a one day cooking course for my birthday at Manoir where I made a most wonderful vegetable soup and a simple ratatouille, both veggie, both wonderful.

I could easily go veggie if the food was properly prepared as in India, at Manoir etc etc
    You went on a cookery course and made vegetable soup?

Now, far be it from me to criticise culinary achievements, but WHAT THE GENERAL FÚCK!!

Now, far be it from me to criticise culinary achievements, but WHAT THE GENERAL FÚCK!!
    And, it sounds very much like a vegetarian cookery course.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Given that it was at Le Manoir, which I assume is what he means, one wonders whether the vegetable soup was prepared according to M. Blanc's recipe, which I have seen him deomsntrate. The ingredients are, whatever vegetables are ready in your garden. The method is, put them in some water and boil them for 15 minutes.

Not one of Raymond's finest, I can tell you.

Not just any vegetable soup, SW, a pistou vegetable soup. It was quite lovely.

I also made fraisier, pan fried sea bream with ratatouille and observed several other dishes and techniques which will prove invaluable as I move slowly into retirement and am able to produce Michelin star quality food on a daily basis.

All while consuming enormous quantities of fine wine until I die of liver cancer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Given that it was at Le Manoir, which I assume is what he means, one wonders whether the vegetable soup was prepared according to M. Blanc's recipe, which I have seen him deomsntrate. The ingredients are, whatever vegetables are ready in your garden. The method is, put them in some water and boil them for 15 minutes.

Not one of Raymond's finest, I can tell you.
    His mum’s loon of pork stuffed with Armagnac-soaked prunes is one of my favourite recipes.

And yes, yes, I know. Meat with fruit, blah, blah. But you’re wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    His mum’s loon of pork stuffed with Armagnac-soaked prunes is one of my favourite recipes.

And yes, yes, I know. Meat with fruit, blah, blah. But you’re wrong.
    Sorry, I'm busy stuffing your mum's loin of pork with my armagnac-soaked prunes right now.