Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I’ve read a couple of comments saying the bubble Dortmund defender

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Did you have to look any of that up?
    Only the 43 starts (although I knew he didn't miss many). I remember him going off in the Besiktas and Dortmund games (funnily enough I tend to be more sober for our games when I watch them on TV - no need to cram all the drinking in beforehand). Champions League is a bit of a curse for our lovely Spanish midfielders

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Not sure if the players cancelling their contracts has been agreed with FIFA/UEFA yet, i should imagine there will be a way to go before that is finalised
    If they are allowed to cancel their contracts (and I'd love the winger on a free) what's to stop us all putting on Sperz shirts and going up their training ground and braining Kane first time he misses a penalty? Cancels contract and signs for Madrid on a free. Job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult View Post
    If they are allowed to cancel their contracts (and I'd love the winger on a free) what's to stop us all putting on Sperz shirts and going up their training ground and braining Kane first time he misses a penalty? Cancels contract and signs for Madrid on a free. Job done.
    Whether they are allowed to cancel their contract is, shirley, subject to local contract and tort laws.

I can't imagine the club will allow them to walk away without challenge / remedy.

Didn't this all come about because of an attack on the players at their training camp by supporters?
    As well as the owner / chairman slagging them off on social media?

Are they claiming repudiatory breach of their contract of employment?
    The club failing to maintain a reasonable level of security and safety?

It's a mess, that's for sure.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Whether they are allowed to cancel their contract is, shirley, subject to local contract and tort laws.

I can't imagine the club will allow them to walk away without challenge / remedy.

Didn't this all come about because of an attack on the players at their training camp by supporters?

As well as the owner / chairman slagging them off on social media?

Are they claiming repudiatory breach of their contract of employment?
    The club failing to maintain a reasonable level of security and safety?

It's a mess, that's for sure.
    That's my point.

If this is allowed, what's to stop us lot putting on Sperz shirts, pretending to be Sperz fans, and throwing bottles at the players' cars first time they drop points next season? Kane and Ali walk away on a free for a massive signing on fee. We get St Tott's Day back.

All we need is balaclavas and a tight alibi.