Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I’ve read a couple of comments saying the bubble Dortmund defender

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Not sure if the players cancelling their contracts has been agreed with FIFA/UEFA yet, i should imagine there will be a way to go before that is finalised
    I believe that it's agreed that the contracts have been terminated but Sporting are submitting legal challenges due to the fact that they are due compensation.

Essentially I think Gelson/Arsenal will have to pay the remainder of his contract plus compensation (if we want him on a free).

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Not sure if the players cancelling their contracts has been agreed with FIFA/UEFA yet, i should imagine there will be a way to go before that is finalised
    As I understand it they’re now free to sign with whoever they wish. It’s up to the clubs signing them to decide if they want to sign them and run the risk of the courts ruling against the players or ordering them to pay a fee or compensation of some sort to Sporting. Wolves have already signed the goalkeeper (Rui Patricio) on a free and he hasn’t had his contract dispute settled.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Would love it but I can't see it. Would just be too good
    I’m thinking he’s a Ramsey replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Goat Sverige View Post
    I really hope that we don't sell Ramsey. He's club captain material & very handsome too. Who else could be skipper - Koscienley, perhaps - but not sure he'll be a starter all season.

That being said, with Xhaka, Torriera, Ramsey, Banega, Elneney, Maitland-Niles etc we are a bit heavy in there.

As I understand it they’re now free to sign with whoever they wish. It’s up to the clubs signing them to decide if they want to sign them and run the risk of the courts ruling against the players or ordering them to pay a fee or compensation of some sort to Sporting. Wolves have already signed the goalkeeper (Rui Patricio) on a free and he hasn’t had his contract dispute settled.
    We have zero wingers, which is an issue unless we are planning on playing very narrowly.

I suppose that's why there is a need for 1 or 2 of Martins, Hueng Min Son, Dembele, Gotze.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    I really hope that we don't sell Ramsey. He's club captain material & very handsome too. Who else could be skipper - Koscienley, perhaps - but not sure he'll be a starter all season.

That being said, with Xhaka, Torriera, Ramsey, Banega, Elneney, Maitland-Niles etc we are a bit heavy in there.
    Given that he is out until Christmas I think it is safe to say he won't be a starter for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Given that he is out until Christmas I think it is safe to say he won't be a starter for a while
    We'll probably make Cech captain who will only play in the cups. If we sell Ramsey then I assume Nacho would be on field captain?

Is he really though? For me Xhaka is the most obvious candidate.

We'll probably make Cech captain who will only play in the cups. If we sell Ramsey then I assume Nacho would be on field captain?
    Cech won't get a game soon

Indeed, suggested as much last week I think.

Cannot see how it works otherwise (for all parties).