Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I’ve read a couple of comments saying the bubble Dortmund defender

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    Do you think Perez will be part of the team? I know they are suggesting he may be.
    But I don't see where he would get games apart from Europa League.

I have given up on Campbell a long time ago.
    Nope - will be sold I would say

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I am slightly unsure as to what his one-trick is?
    So far he has signed:
    A Greek defender from Greece
    A Gabonese striker from Germany
    An Armenian midfield player from England
    A Swiss full back from Italy
    A German goalkeeper from Germany

And we likely to sign:
    A Uruguayan midfield player from Italy
    A Greek defender from Germany
    A Turkish defender from Germany

And possibly (please God):
    An Argentinian from Spain

One trick, eh
    Whilst I don't agree with 7sisters assertion, you are playing with the facts a bit there Nazi-boy. If you exclude Banega (as there seems to be less concrete evidence for him) of the other 8 players you list 5 have played in the Bundesligia and three have played for Sven's former club. So there is a trend there.

Course, I'm thrilled because even if there is a bit of a trend, at least the trend is no longer signing as few players as possible as late as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Could we Éver make such a signing?
    Would love it but I can't see it. Would just be too good

Quote Originally Posted by WES View Post
    Whilst I don't agree with 7sisters assertion, you are playing with the facts a bit there Nazi-boy. If you exclude Banega (as there seems to be less concrete evidence for him) of the other 8 players you list 5 have played in the Bundesligia and three have played for Sven's former club. So there is a trend there.

Course, I'm thrilled because even if there is a bit of a trend, at least the trend is no longer signing as few players possible as late as possible.

Agree (for once) It is the area he knows best so is likely to have more players from there than elsewhere... a bit like when AW arrived, ex players and players from France were almost the only ones he signed early on
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Course, I'm thrilled because even if there is a bit of a trend, at least the trend is no longer signing as few players as possible as late as possible.

A trend but not one-trick - you can see there is a difference there can't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    How about a Portugeser from Portugal (favourites to sign Gelson Martins on a free)
    Hadn't seen that - interesting on. Sporting Lisbon have just imploded really. Would be a nice one to pick up

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Hadn't seen that - interesting on. Sporting Lisbon have just imploded really. Would be a nice one to pick up
    Not sure if the players cancelling their contracts has been agreed with FIFA/UEFA yet, i should imagine there will be a way to go before that is finalised
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

One trick was a bit harsh. WES was more considered but you follow the gist ? In any case, I’m only repeating what others, more informed have said. The bubble from Dortmund isn’t Arsenal Calibre, was the assertion. Although given Wengers flakey attempts in that position over the years, you’d be right to question what exactly is Arsenal calibre at CD

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    One trick was a bit harsh. WES was more considered but you follow the gist ? In any case, I’m only repeating what others, more informed have said. The bubble from Dortmund isn’t Arsenal Calibre, was the assertion. Although given Wengers flakey attempts in that position over the years, you’d be right to question what exactly is Arsenal calibre at CD
    Who are these 'more informed' others?

and the daft old french tit doesn't have to believe they'll never question him.