Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I’ve read a couple of comments saying the bubble Dortmund defender

Why would anyone make a second choice keeper their captain ? Then again, it didn’t stop the soppy French tit doing similar with Arteta, who was barely getting a game.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Why would anyone make a second choice keeper their captain ? Then again, it didn’t stop the soppy French tit doing similar with Arteta, who was barely getting a game.
    See also - Mertesacker

anyway, El Neny for captain imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Except when he was made captain he was first choice and then got what was eventually a career-ending injury by why let facts get in the way. If you had said Mertesacker then you may have had a point, but clearly as Per's appointment as head of the youth academy shows his stature in the club was clearly very high

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    A trend but not one-trick - you can see there is a difference there can't you?
    Yes. that's why I said I disagreed with 7sister's assertion.

If we sell Ramsey and replace him with Banega I may start going to games again. Actually, if we sell Ramsey I may start going again.

I’m not sure that’s true though, is it ? Arteta wasn’t a regular starter at the point of being made captain, which is why the decision was a bit mystifying for many. He then went on to get injured.
    He played as a regular the season before but was considered on the downward slope the season following.
    Last edited by 7sisters; 06-27-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Sevilla have confirmed Mesa’s signing today, which could be a sign the Argie May be on the move...

I’m not sure that’s true though, is it ? Arteta wasn’t a regular starter at the point of being made captain, which is why the decision was a bit mystifying for many. He then went on to get injured.
    Well, he was made captain in August 2014 - the previous season he played 43 times, all starts. He missed a few through suspension and injury but was captain on the day when we won the FA Cup - how is that not a regular starter. Started the first three games of the following season - the third of which he got a knock on his ankle which was the injury that kept recurring. Started pretty much every game his was fit for until the Dortmund home game when he came off once more and was rarely seen again. At no point up to this stage was he anything other than first-choice starter. Jesus wept

Sevilla have confirmed Mesa’s signing today, which could be a sign the Argie May be on the move...
    Now that is a post I do like

He played as a regular the season before but was considered on the downward slope the season following.
    Arteta did like a long ranger before he was reduced to pelanties only tbf

“Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Well, he was made captain in August 2014 - the previous season he played 43 times, all starts. He missed a few through suspension and injury but was captain on the day when we won the FA Cup - how is that not a regular starter. Started the first three games of the following season - the third of which he got a knock on his ankle which was the injury that kept recurring. Started pretty much every game his was fit for until the Dortmund home game when he came off once more and was rarely seen again. At no point up to this stage was he anything other than first-choice starter. Jesus wept
    Did you have to look any of that up?