Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Living outside of London review

Living outside of London review

should have done this sooner.

I have never been so relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post

Relaxed? You don't want to relax in Essex f, not for a moment. Someone will nick your teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Relaxed? You don't want to relax in Essex f, not for a moment. Someone will nick your teeth.
    I still have my London guard up at all times.

Drive to the station, seat on the train, air con on the train, 33 minutes to fenchurch street, 3 minute walk to work,
    all the shops I could ever need.

I am bored I will move immediately.

Good, isn’t it? I fiercely resent having to go into London now - shěthole that it is.

I have to go there tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Good, isn’t it? I fiercely resent having to go into London now - shěthole that it is.

I had to drive through London on sunday
    Lovely Hackney and it's confusing one way systems when heading towards the A12.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Are you at the Hilton? It's always depressing there. Awards ceremony? You spend all evening with the knowledge that the organisers were too cheap to cough for the Grosvenor. And the rooms at the Hilton are pretty squalid.

One cannot, however, reiterate often enough that London is by far the greatest city on earth, despite the best endeavours of the midget mayor.

One wonders what it is about it for you that defines it as a '****hole'? Is it the wonderful parks? The glorious architecture? The best food selection of any city, anywhere? The world's finest shopping opprtunities? Is it the unrivalled choice of theatres, museums and art galleries to which you object? Is it the pomp and ceremony of our imperial past, still proudly on display? Perhaps you dislike the good humour, good manners and good grace of the vast bulk of the population? Explain yourself.

zone 1 is nice and bits of zone 2, then it's pretty rubbish.
    and no matter what people tell me or try to convince Shoreditch is not cool.

I had to drive through London on sunday
    Lovely Hackney and it's confusing one way systems when heading towards the A12.
    Ah, the A12. Lovely little race track.

Until the inevitable pile up at the Copdock junction with the A14.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

zone 1 is nice and bits of zone 2, then it's pretty rubbish.
    and no matter what people tell me or try to convince Shoreditch is not cool.
    Outside Zone 1 is just the 'burbs, man. The 'burbs are rubbish everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Are you at the Hilton? It's always depressing there. Awards ceremony? You spend all evening with the knowledge that the organisers were too cheap to cough for the Grosvenor. And the rooms at the Hilton are pretty squalid.

One cannot, however, reiterate often enough that London is by far the greatest city on earth, despite the best endeavours of the midget mayor.

One wonders what it is about it for you that defines it as a '****hole'? Is it the wonderful parks? The glorious architecture? The best food selection of any city, anywhere? The world's finest shopping opprtunities? Is it the unrivalled choice of theatres, museums and art galleries to which you object? Is it the pomp and ceremony of our imperial past, still proudly on display? Perhaps you dislike the good humour, good manners and good grace of the vast bulk of the population? Explain yourself.
    Do you genuinely believe this or are you just being silly?