Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: England could have a decent route to the semi finals if the other groups stay

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    A load of Scots went over there and tried to colonise Darien and rename it Caledonia. It is possibly one of the most inhospitable places on Earth (although pissible nicer than Glasgow) so of course the daft ****ers failed. I guess that counts as British imperialism to some extent
    Of course, we blockaded it to ensure it couldn't be supplied, so they all starved. And, of course, they'd sunk pretty much their entire national wealth in this hare-brained scheme, so when it went tits up, they were brassic and came crawling to us - hence the Act of Union.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    If you'd been around to see Jimmy Rimmer you too would forgive Pat his Spursiness.
    I remember Jimmy Rimmer largely for his time at Villa (and, obviously, for his very, very funny name).

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Of course, we blockaded it to ensure it couldn't be supplied, so they all starved. And, of course, they'd sunk pretty much their entire national wealth in this hare-brained scheme, so when it went tits up, they were brassic and came crawling to us - hence the Act of Union.
    Indeed - I hadn't realised it was so early but just looked it up. This is why they shouldn't be allowed to play on their own

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Indeed - I hadn't realised it was so early but just looked it up. This is why they shouldn't be allowed to play on their own
    Bankrupting their entire country in a get-rich-quick scheme should also have been something of a blow to their reputation for financial prudence, you'd have thought. Basically, without us there to look after them, they're Greece but with slightly better food*.

*One for Nic, there - just in case he's lurking.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I believe the chap who was sent off in their 1st match, has already received death threats.
    No harm as long as they remain only threats.

It’s boracic b. As in boracic lint..

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    It’s boracic b. As in boracic lint..
    You are correct, of course. And you are quite right to correct me.

Silly thing is, I knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    France? Is it France?
    I do hope not, sc
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    No harm as long as they remain only threats.
    So if I phone your wife tonight and threaten to kill her, you'll be fine with that just so long as I don't *actually* kill her?

What a liberal-minded fellow you are, sw.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So if I phone your wife tonight and threaten to kill her, you'll be fine with that just so long as I don't *actually* kill her?

What a liberal-minded fellow you are, sw.
    Why do you want to kill my wife?

Any such calls received tonight and you can be 100% sure I will be providing your details, including the above email, to all concerned parties.

Ftr death threats in football are almost de rigueur in this day and age.