Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: England could have a decent route to the semi finals if the other groups stay

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    We just happened to call a referendum on it, at the height of immigration sensitivity and Huzzah.

Perhaps a bit naïve but wouldn't it have made so much more sense if the EU member states had sat down and agreed a measured immigration policy between themselves the moment they all decided to open their borders to East Europe membership ?

Long term, by which I mean a couple of hundred years and it'll all be some economic unified land mass anyway. In the meantime, insensitivity towards those communities who have been disfigured by mass, overnight immigration was never really going to work out well, was it ?

I read the other day that Polish immigration was running at almost 1 million. 1 million FFS
    Well most countries took the option of staggering immigration from the new members from Eastern Europe. Blair and his ilk wanted to show what good chaps they were by opening the floodgates completely. They banked on around 13,000 turning up. To date, 1.4 million have rocked up.

And that's before we get on to the even bigger rise in non-EU immigration...

But of course these huge numbers have no effect on things like housing, the NHS, schools or the welfare budget. No way. And if you say they do, you're a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    That Harry Kane looks a good player, imo. He boshes those penalties right into the top bin.
    Ignore b, he's a chip pisser of the highest order...... We support England as we are English, so B would rather we lost to France or Germany than win it... ****ing idiotic imo
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Ignore b, he's a chip pisser of the highest order...... We support England as we are English, so B would rather we lost to France or Germany than win it... ****ing idiotic imo
    Have you thought through though the consequences of Spurs winning the World Cup?

Although it must be said. The media are falling into the usual trap of labelling one good performance against a very poor side, worthy of world beaters. Like you, I really hope we do well but the facts are, we haven't played anyone of note from the first two games.
    Belgium should at least provide better bench marking, although it's probable that both sides will regard it as a kick about.

Hark at Norman Tebbit here...

Sorry, but why is it ‘idiotic’ not to support an England football team full of players I hate?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Although it must be said. The media are falling into the usual trap of labelling one good performance against a very poor side, worthy of world beaters. Like you, I really hope we do well but the facts are, we haven't played anyone of note from the first two games.
    Belgium should at least provide better bench marking, although it's probable that both sides will regard it as a kick about.
    Quite a lot of the media are doing the exact opposite and saying don't get carried away

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    If the shot was heading on target he should not be awarded it. End of, as they say.

Otherwise why was Lampard awarded all those deflected goals he scored, and not the deflectee?

Kane's Law: He doesn't have to score a goal to be credited with it.
    Because Lampards deflected off a defender... fair enough to hate him but you can't change the rules so he doesn't get the goals that are hius no matter how little he knows about it

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Hark at Norman Tebbit here...

Sorry, but why is it ‘idiotic’ not to support an England football team full of players I hate?
    So who do you support? If you are English it is natural to want your country to win... I know you are Irish when it suits but you know what i mean

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Have you thought through though the consequences of Spurs winning the World Cup?
    Players will be knackered and they will have a **** season?

So who do you support? If you are English it is natural to want your country to win... I know you are Irish when it suits but you know what i mean
    I don’t support anyone, dopey. I’ve made that abundantly clear over years and years.
    However, it’s fair to say that I don’t support England much more fervently than I don’t support most other countries.