Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: England could have a decent route to the semi finals if the other groups stay

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Actually, the only upside of England winning the World Cup would be the horror with which it would be greeted by our celtic chums.
    Damien Duff and I think it was Eamonn Dunphy were talking up the English after yesterday’s game, not their fault they were playing a side as poor as Panama. Just both being very generous and honest in their praise of Southgate and Kane, the latter especially being talked up enormously.

The presenter was clearly disgusted with them.

I am not sure how the draw opens up for them / you as it is all a bit messed up with the likes of Germany and perhaps Brazil coming second in their groups but I am very safe in my knowledge that England will not win it.

Spain or France if you give me £20 to punt with.

Hang on. I'm not sure we did the imperialism in Panama, did we? Wasn't that the Spanish and then the Yanqui?
    A load of Scots went over there and tried to colonise Darien and rename it Caledonia. It is possibly one of the most inhospitable places on Earth (although pissible nicer than Glasgow) so of course the daft ****ers failed. I guess that counts as British imperialism to some extent

Hang on. I'm not sure we did the imperialism in Panama, did we? Wasn't that the Spanish and then the Yanqui?
    Quite. And even if we had, playing us in a world cup game was 'fighting imperialism', was it? Even if there had been any imperialism to fight.

Mental.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Damien Duff and I think it was Eamonn Dunphy were talking up the English after yesterday’s game, not their fault they were playing a side as poor as Panama. Just both being very generous and honest in their praise of Southgate and Kane, the latter especially being talked up enormously.

The presenter was clearly disgusted with them.

I am not sure how the draw opens up for them / you as it is all a bit messed up with the likes of Germany and perhaps Brazil coming second in their groups but I am very safe in my knowledge that England will not win it.

Spain or France if you give me £20 to punt with.
    Croatia and Columbia have been impressive as possible outsiders for the odd cheeky quid.

I do not bet, as it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Croatia and Columbia have been impressive as possible outsiders for the odd cheeky quid.

I do not bet, as it goes.
    Clearly...

Columbia were in fact my pre-tournament surprise pick pick while one cannot have watched Croatia the other night and not come away impressed.

I'm not sure Jennings was different, you know. He clearly loves Spurs.
    If you'd been around to see Jimmy Rimmer you too would forgive Pat his Spursiness.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    well since you say so, the winner is amongst those you list
    France? Is it France?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Clearly...

Columbia were in fact my pre-tournament surprise pick pick while one cannot have watched Croatia the other night and not come away impressed.
    Of course, with Columbia, There's always the added value that the home coming will result in one of the Medellin death squads becoming engaged if any of the players seriously f*ck up.
    That's quite the incentive to literally die for the cause.
    Last edited by 7sisters; 06-25-2018 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Of course, with Columbia, There's always the added value that the home coming will result in one of the Medellin death squads becoming engaged if any of the players seriously f*ck up.
    Do we have Ospina insured against this sort of thing? We won't be able to sell him to a Turkish side if he's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    I believe the chap who was sent off in their 1st match, has already received death threats.