Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: England could have a decent route to the semi finals if the other groups stay

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Southgate is one of the few aspects of the England team I don’t hate. He seems a decent sort of chap. Very ugly, mind.
    A superb man all round, I should say. Except dentally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    A superb man all round, I should say. Except dentally.
    His hooter is a bit challenging, also.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Although it must be said. The media are falling into the usual trap of labelling one good performance against a very poor side, worthy of world beaters. Like you, I really hope we do well but the facts are, we haven't played anyone of note from the first two games.
    Belgium should at least provide better bench marking, although it's probable that both sides will regard it as a kick about.
    England could play Columbia in the R16, who looked fairly decent last night. Their keeper is funny, every time he made a save he got injured. A bit like for his club.

This would be almost as bad as Tottenham winning the league. Presumably, Pokster would like that, though, since it would build the confidence of his beloved England players Harry Kane, Delli Ali, Dyer, Trippier, Rose and Kyle Walker.
    Presumably you are talking out of your arse. So you are an ABE in this world cup
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Presumably you are talking out of your arse. So you are an ABE in this world cup
    No, I’m an ABT - Anyone But Tottenham

This would be almost as bad as Tottenham winning the league. Presumably, Pokster would like that, though, since it would build the confidence of his beloved England players Harry Kane, Delli Ali, Dyer, Trippier, Rose and Kyle Walker.
    It's funny how Kyle Walker is *still* a Spurs player even though he is officially on the Man City payroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Look at the facts, i. Germany, shíte. France, shíte. Brazil. Shíte. Argentina, double shíte.

Plus, Gareth Southgate who, you will remember, was my choice years ago to take over from Arsene.
    Come now, too early for this silliness and casual dismissal of other sides.

It is almost like a new tournament from Saturday, even though it isn't. You get me?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    It's funny how Kyle Walker is *still* a Spurs player even though he is officially on the Man City payroll.
    Is he? Oh, well. He's still a cvnt who plays for another team, though, isn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    That Harry Kane looks a good player, imo. He boshes those penalties right into the top bin.
    He's managed to get 5 goals despite doing the best part of sod all in both matches.

And, no I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Come now, too early for this silliness and casual dismissal of other sides.

It is almost like a new tournament from Saturday, even though it isn't. You get me?
    Actually, the only upside of England winning the World Cup would be the horror with which it would be greeted by our celtic chums.