Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I know it's only the white ball stuff but I am enjoying England

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say it: Root really isn't a very good captain.
    Who else is there though?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Who else is there though?
    Mike Brearley?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    England's highest ever one-day runs scorer? And you don't rate him. ****ing hell
    I honestly have no idea how he's achieved this feat, I know he was decent a few years back but not so much recently

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    I honestly have no idea how he's achieved this feat, I know he was decent a few years back but not so much recently
    A fairly decent knock the other day, 60 odd from around 30 balls.....

Can we take bets on when the 500 will happen?

Would be interested in Never.

A fairly decent knock the other day, 60 odd from around 30 balls.....
    Lots of useful knocks of around 30-40 odd, I guess I just find him a little underwhelming

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Lots of useful knocks of around 30-40 odd, I guess I just find him a little underwhelming
    Sorry or should that be Surrey - purely trolling now. Played some of the greatest knocks on all time for England - that one at the Rose Bowl to beat Australia is on a par with anything Pietersen ever did. Helped change the way England play, 10 centuries and countless 50s - I think he holds the record for most consecutive ones

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say it: Root really isn't a very good captain.
    Sadly I don't think this is uncommon view. No shame in it - great batsman but has no experience in the role prior to be made England captain. Personally I would give it to Broad just for ****s and giggles

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Sadly I don't think this is uncommon view. No shame in it - great batsman but has no experience in the role prior to be made England captain. Personally I would give it to Broad just for ****s and giggles
    Bowlers are animals. You cant let them captain a side.

We dont have anyone so Root gets his turn. His batting average actually hasn't suffered much. I checked the stats a few months back.

Bowlers are animals. You cant let them captain a side.

We dont have anyone so Root gets his turn. His batting average actually hasn't suffered much. I checked the stats a few months back.
    Nope just not turning 50s into tons - worse problems to have I suppose