Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I know it's only the white ball stuff but I am enjoying England

I know it's only the white ball stuff but I am enjoying England

smashing the Aussies all over the place. 4-0 up in the series

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    It's a bit too easy, but I agree. Smashing the world record against them would really have hurt. Mind you, I was hoping we'd get 500 just to really humiliate them.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    We should have played them once and Scotland 5 times. Still, if you can't enjoy smashing the Aussies ...

Something needs to be done to rebalance the game though - not a huge fan of these massive totals. Basically no one will want to be a bowler anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's a bit too easy, but I agree. Smashing the world record against them would really have hurt. Mind you, I was hoping we'd get 500 just to really humiliate them.
    Yes, I was willing us to get 500. 311 used to be a winning score, we chased it with more than 5 overs to spare

Our top order is very special, Bairstow, Roy & Hales and then you still have Buttler in reserve

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    We should have played them once and Scotland 5 times. Still, if you can't enjoy smashing the Aussies ...

Something needs to be done to rebalance the game though - not a huge fan of these massive totals. Basically no one will want to be a bowler anymore
    But sadly, what the ignorant plebs want to see is the ball sailing out of the ground once an over. Bowlers are now just a means to that end. They could be replaced with bowling machines for all most spectators care.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post

Go back to only 1 ball, brings reverse swing back in and more for the spinners as the ball gets older.... weather this yr has helped pitched be truer, also for TV loads of runs, 4's and 6's looks better than 190 all out
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But sadly, what the ignorant plebs want to see is the ball sailing out of the ground once an over. Bowlers are now just a means to that end. They could be replaced with bowling machines for all most spectators care.
    Soundsd to me like they've made the game too accessible, Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Go back to only 1 ball, brings reverse swing back in and more for the spinners as the ball gets older.... weather this yr has helped pitched be truer, also for TV loads of runs, 4's and 6's looks better than 190 all out
    Although easier for Sky to drop in ad breaks with wickets falling all the time

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    The great Sachin has said this very thing about one ball this morning - and Athers was going on about it yesterday. Won't happen til at least after the World Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Soundsd to me like they've made the game too accessible, Ian.
    There is a truth there, though. It's as though in football someone had widened the goals or made the goalkeepers wear blindfolds. Lots more goals, but basically pretty sh1t.