Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I know it's only the white ball stuff but I am enjoying England

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    The great Sachin has said this very thing about one ball this morning - and Athers was going on about it yesterday. Won't happen til at least after the World Cup
    Not rocket science (hence why i thought of it as well), World cup hs pitches being used more than once, so every chance that the later games might not be so free scoring.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    But sadly, what the ignorant plebs want to see is the ball sailing out of the ground once an over. Bowlers are now just a means to that end. They could be replaced with bowling machines for all most spectators care.
    Funny that the Aussies can't handle are spinners though - Root bowling 10 overs for 44 and Rashid taking wickets with rank long hops

This will make you mad though - they've been trialling the white Duke ball in County 2nd XI cricket. The main complaint is that it swings too much - and this is coming from the bowlers who can't control it. Useless ****s

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Not rocket science (hence why i thought of it as well), World cup hs pitches being used more than once, so every chance that the later games might not be so free scoring.
    A more fundamental problem is the white ball itself. It's a piece of sh1t.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Funny that the Aussies can't handle are spinners though - Root bowling 10 overs for 44 and Rashid taking wickets with rank long hops

This will make you mad though - they've been trialling the white Duke ball in County 2nd XI cricket. The main complaint is that it swings too much - and this is coming from the bowlers who can't control it. Useless ****s
    Well you have the basic problem that the Kookaburra balls do far too little to make for interesting cricket, while the Duke balls arguably go too far in the other direction. However, I think it's fair to say that Duke balls make for better balanced matches generally.

A more fundamental problem is the white ball itself. It's a piece of sh1t.
    This.

See also Kookaburra balls

Well you have the basic problem that the Kookaburra balls do far too little to make for interesting cricket, while the Duke balls arguably go too far in the other direction. However, I think it's fair to say that Duke balls make for better balanced matches generally.
    Have the Kookaburra balls been tested over here nd the reverse in Australia? Perhaps the ICC should just decide on only 1 ball bening used for International cricket
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Have the Kookaburra balls been tested over here nd the reverse in Australia? Perhaps the ICC should just decide on only 1 ball bening used for International cricket
    They'd choose the Kookaburra though, Indians & Aussies love it

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    They'd choose the Kookaburra though, Indians & Aussies love it
    Which would ruin test cricket in the only country where it still fills stadia - England.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Yes, I was willing us to get 500. 311 used to be a winning score, we chased it with more than 5 overs to spare

Our top order is very special, Bairstow, Roy & Hales and then you still have Buttler in reserve
    I am beginning to think that Root should consider ducking out for a while and concentrating on tests. His contributions in the one day game seem to see him steady early on but then struggling to up the pace and getting out.

Hales played a nice sensible innings yet and made sure he was there at the end. When Stokes comes back, I am not convinced you really need Root in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I am beginning to think that Root should consider ducking out for a while and concentrating on tests. His contributions in the one day game seem to see him steady early on but then struggling to up the pace and getting out.

Hales played a nice sensible innings yet and made sure he was there at the end. When Stokes comes back, I am not convinced you really need Root in there.
    Certainly don't need both Root and Morgan, I guess they won't drop the captain though